• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heat - Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat - Suggestions?

I'm in Arizona, and it is very hot.

I watched the one video with Mr. Meguiar, and he said when it is 100 degrees, and I put on a wax or sealant, it isn't doing much protection.

So I was just wondering, if it's like 95, and the car hasn't been driven, and I'm in the shade, is it safe then, is 100 really the magic number?

I can try to go out in the mornings and late at night, but it's still close to 100. ha-ha.

Re: Heat - Suggestions?

Which video segment are you referring to?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Okay... watched all the segments and it's this one you're referring to...

Barry Meguiar's Wax Clinic - Part 2

What he was saying was that if you apply any type of paint protection product to a hot surface that the heat will tend to make many of the ingredients flash off so you won't get the full benefit of the product.

His point was to work on a cool surface in the shade.

That can be a problem in Arizona...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        Okay... watched all the segments and it's this one you're referring to...

Barry Meguiar's Wax Clinic - Part 2

What he was saying was that if you apply any type of paint protection product to a hot surface that the heat will tend to make many of the ingredients flash off so you won't get the full benefit of the product.

His point was to work on a cool surface in the shade.

That can be a problem in Arizona...

Mike,

I have watched these videos also. Question is...If I am working in the shade and the outside temp. is between 90-100 degrees, the surface of the vehicle can still be fairly hot. For instance, I work under a canopy, but even with washing with cold water out of a hose the surface temp can still be pretty warm.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Andy
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Yeah same here again.

I went ahead and did parts of my car again today.

It was between 95 and 98 out there, but my car had been in the shade all morning (good covering), so I hope it was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by 101impala View Post

Do you have any other suggestions?

Andy
            Midnight Auto Detail?

or even better...

Milkman Auto Detail?

(There's a shift called the Milkman shift because it starts usually around 4:00am in the morning and goes till noon, back in the day when Milkmen delivered Milk door to door using a Milk Truck on a delivery route)

Not sure what else you can do that's practical. I have the same problem here in the High Desert, even in the shade the surface of the paint is quite warm.

Late at night or early morning are your only practical options...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I try to do my paint polishing between 5 and 8 AM here in AZ during the summer. After 8 AM it's brutal!

Comment

mike loves to throw in his milkman stories.....after all he did own a milk truck! but i do have to agree early morning is when i prefer to do it, that way i have all day to enjoy the fresh shine! Weird things happen at night.........

Comment

I have to admit. I am a milk route time kind of guy. The summers in N.C. can be just as brutal as the desert. Maybe even more so, due to humidity making it seem hotter than it is.

I've never tried at night just seems like a hassle.
                  Rob A.
                  '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                  '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');