• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M105 by hand vs 2500 grit wetsanding marks

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M105 by hand vs 2500 grit wetsanding marks

Removing #2500 grit wet-sanding marks by hand using M105

After I picked up my bottle of M105 last week I've only used it by hand but have been super impressed. I've done test spots all over my Jeep and it's worked flawless. I was wondering how it would do against wetsanding marks. I figured after a few passes I should be able to get it looking good. I opted for 2500 grit since it's the finest I can find locally. Didn't want to waste the special order finer grit on my test.

Here we have test spot with tape in place to try the M105.

Here is after one application of M105 working it with a yellow foam applicator pad.

Wow, that looks pretty darn good. Darn garage lighting, where's my Brinkman. Pulled the tape off and I couldn't believe it... It was perfect!

Disclaimer: Always try a test spot before attempting this yourself. It is recommended that you never wetsand unless your sure you have the skills and tools to get the marks out. How would you like to drive around with a big dull patch on your paint. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.
    Scott

Re: M105 by hand vs 2500 grit wetsanding marks

Very cool!
    Thanks for documenting that! I was impressed with the m105 myself, but that just confirms it for me!
    The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
    --VoicesInMyHead--
    0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
      Disclaimer: Always try a test spot before attempting this yourself. It is recommended that you never wetsand unless your sure you have the skills and tools to get the marks out. How would you like to drive around with a big dull patch on your paint. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.

Mike Pennington
      Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
      Meguiar's, Inc.
      800-854-8073
      mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Hey Scott,

Very impressive! I just got some M105 in also and can't wait to try it out. What kind of applicator did you use?

Andy
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by 101impala View Post
          Hey Scott,

Very impressive! I just got some M105 in also and can't wait to try it out. What kind of applicator did you use?

Andy
          Hey Andy! You'll love it! I used a Meguiar's round yellow foam one.

Edit: The Soft Foam Applicator Pad ( I couldn't remember what they where called.)
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
            Hey Andy! You'll love it! I used a Meguiar's round yellow foam one.
            Thanks for the samples of APC. That is another thing I can't wait to try out. Just goes to show the high caliber of people that MOL attracts!

You used a smooth surface applicator pad? I was thinking about trying something with a little more bite to it. Either a MF towel or a terry cloth applicator.

Andy
            Last edited by Andy M.; Jul 22, 2008, 04:38 PM. Reason: spelling
            Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
            Andy M. Moderator

Comment

M105 is some amazing new technology. The results it produces by hand or machine are simply amazing.

This is especially true when you understand what it is the M105 is doing, (removing paint), and the results it produces, (A finish that often times looks polished and waxed), and keeping in mind what all other products in this category, (Aggressive compounds), will do when worked by hand or machine.

Nice test there!

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

seeing the reflection shot and that you say is by hand?
                No sore hands/arms?

Tim
                Learning new things everyday

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simply amazing it has that much power by hand and finishes off so nice. Now lets see Meguiars incorporate this new technology into a product like #105 that's PC compatable for us "prosumer" level detailers

Comment

Nope it went really easy. I'm really out of shape too! I should have counted the passes or timed it. If I had to guess I was working it pretty fast for 20-30 seconds.

I could do another test on the rest of the sanding mark and time it.
                    Scott

Comment

Beautiful! Thank you!

Comment

Very impressive Scott . Thanks for taking the time to post the test.

Comment

Scott,

Thanks for the doing the test and write up. Very impressive to say the least. Thanks again for doing it .
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Very nice results!
                            Thanks for sharing

Comment

Wow, very nice. I knew it could remove sanding marks with a PFW or foam pad but didnt realize you could do it by hand too!
                              If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');