• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help With Dark Colored Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Dark Colored Paint

I have a 2000 Toyota Solara with dark green metallic paint. The car has been kept outside and never got the TLC it needed. I have some water marks on the hood and quite a few dings from stones and debris from the highway.
    fficeffice" />
    1) I was thinking of trying #80 first and then if needed go to the big guns M151 using both with my PC. Any thoughts?

2) Will this also work on the front plastic bumper (same color as the paint)?

3) With the dings on the dark colored hood what product should I use after #80, that will not haze to a white and fill in the dings with white dried product?

Thank you!

Re: Help With Dark Colored Paint

1.) Id try 80, if that does not work then go to 83. If they don't work give 151 a try by hand.

2.) Yes, as long as the plastic bumper is painted you can machine polish it.

3.) You could use NXT but it is possible that it will show a little white with dried product. You could also try some yellow hi-tech wax.
    If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

If the Solara has not received the tlc it needs, I would first give the car a once over with the smooth surface clay kit. Then proceed the way Jokeman suggested. By claying you will get the finish at its best for the wax to really make the paint pop.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

1.Clay
        2. PC with DACP #83 Maroon Pad

Caution with the bumper...paint may be a bit thin.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');