• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to fix RUSTING chips and scratches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix RUSTING chips and scratches?

There are spots, some very small(rock chip) and others larger where the paint is gone and there is a hint of surface rust. I have some touch-up paint, but I want to be sure I neutralize the rust before I cover up. I'm afraid to sand the real small ones as they are just that, real small (the size of a pencil eraser or smaller) and I don't want to make them bigger.

I've heard great things about this product http://www.por15.com/ but again, for the small chips and paint flakes I'm not sure of the best way to repair them.

Thanks

PS. Not sure why I can't post attachments

Re: How to fix RUSTING chips and scratches?

Originally posted by mgray View Post
    PS. Not sure why I can't post attachments
    We don't allow people to "Attach File" on this forum, (that means attach a picture).

If you want to add a picture to your message then you need to upload it into your gallery and insert the image.

That's the right way to it and because we're in this for the long run that's how we've set up this forum. Over time, if we allow people to "Attach an image), the database becomes corrupted and the wrong photos show up in the wrong messages and then because the pictures doesn't match what the person is talking about it confuses people. Autopia had this problem and I don't think they allow people to "Attach File" any longer either.

There are plenty of threads on how to work with photos on forums here,

And there's one specifically for your question...

So much great information in the "Information Station"

Thanks for understanding...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');