• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Each one teach one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Each one teach one

My brother-in-law has a black '05 Monte Carlo that he has had for about 4 months. This past weekend was the first time I had seen it in sunlight. It didn't look real bad but it did have swirls. I remarked that it didn't look that bad and he replied that it didn't look like my Buick. He said that my paint felt like glass and his was rough even though he had just waxed his. I asked if he wanted me to show him how to make his car look its best and of course he did. I didn't get any pictures, but if I get a chance to finish it I will. Since it was clean, we clayed 1/2 of the hood, then M80 using the G100, #7, then NXT2. By this time the sun was down and you couldn't see the swirls so I brought out the dual halogen lights and you could tell a big difference. He called me the next day and said that in the sun you could tell a world of difference. He said the side of the hood that I did was completely swirl free and looked deeper & richer. He even went to Wal-Mart and bought the clay kit, UQD, QD, NXT2. He is even thinking about buying a G110. I am sure I will be asked to help him make his black MC swirl free, if so I will get pictures.

Dave
    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Re: Each one teach one

Awesome! Another one hooked. I think Meguiar's should offer a "refer a buddy" system, kind of like dealerships do. Refer someone and get $50.

Comment

Great story. It was nice of you to help out your brother. Way to go.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

:agree

Great story!

You saved your brother time and energy simply by passing on what you already know...

Be sure to share the MOL forum with him too!

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by guitarman502 View Post
          Awesome! Another one hooked. I think Meguiar's should offer a "refer a buddy" system, kind of like dealerships do. Refer someone and get $50.
          I like that idea. $50 worth of Meguiar's stuff
          You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

That's cool. was just talking to my brother-in-law last weekend about detailing. He's an "old school guy" that only details by hand. I showed him ALL of my Meguiar's Supplies including my Makita Rotary and my PC. I think I convinced him into giving the OC a shot with either #80 or #9. He just has some very light swirls so I think #9 would be his best choice. He has a big car so the PC would save him a lot of time and he'll get much greater results. I think we'll have to have a detailing partty soon. I just detailed my car a fewweeks ago but it can always use another coat of protection. We all need to help others see the light!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');