• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Length of time on site b4 boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Length of time on site b4 boot

Is there a way to increase your idle time before auto sign off ?
    I have been typing a long reply and lost all my typing do to auto sign off
    i can take apart a buffer and put it back with my eyes closed but some time pc just annoys me off. Lol
    help

Re: Length of time on site b4 boot

Forum Feedback

I don't recall there being an auto sign off on vBulletin. I can sit on MOL all day and all night and never be signed off unless I click Log Out. Maybe there is either something set-up on your account that a moderator would have to fix (we have no settings/options to set anything like that), or an internet browser setting that is causing problems.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
      forum feedback

i don't recall there being an auto sign off on vbulletin. I can sit on mol all day and all night and never be signed off unless i click log out. Maybe there is either something set-up on your account that a moderator would have to fix (we have no settings/options to set anything like that), or an internet browser setting that is causing problems.
      thanks i will keep checking
      i have already been typing a long detailed reply and never knew i got signed off and when i went to post it than i found out and lost my post and all kinds of bad words come out when that happens

Comment

Yea I stay signed in for weeks at a time I think... it's only when i clear my computer cache or stuff like that that it signs me out...
        Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
        Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
          thanks i will keep checking
          i have already been typing a long detailed reply and never knew i got signed off and when i went to post it than i found out and lost my post and all kinds of bad words come out when that happens
          In the mean time, before you click post, copy your text into Wordpad so if that does happen, you can just paste it and go!

Comment

Forum Feedback

I don't recall there being an auto sign off on vBulletin. I can sit on MOL all day and all night and never be signed off unless I click Log Out.
            There's no setting on the forum that logs members out that I know of?

It's probably something with your browser?

What do you use for a browser?

Are you running any kind of defense software like ZoneAlarm?

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I had this happen with my old computer (just got a new one Sunday) and I couldn't figure out what the issue was. It never used to do it until Firefox 3 came out, but even at that I don't have the problem on my new computer or any other computer in my house. Poke around in your browser settings for your cookies...see what they are set at.

Ryan
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

It does it to me also. I have to post something other wise it boots in like 5 mins or so.

Comment

Originally posted by mike phillips View Post
                  there's no setting on the forum that logs members out that i know of?

It's probably something with your browser?

What do you use for a browser?

Are you running any kind of defense software like zonealarm?

comp. Came with 30 day norton and using high speed thru cable company. I am not renewing with norton so that might make a diff. I will keep chking. But will take advice and compose in word and cut and paste for now

Comment

I wouldn't even wait for Norton to expire. BTW, you'll have to download their tool to be able to actually remove it, it's that great

Comment

i wouldn't even wait for norton to expire. Btw, you'll have to download their tool to be able to actually remove it, it's that great
                      thanks i am going to launch it, do you know of any good free ones ?

Comment

AVG 8.0 can be found at http://free.avg.com/ww.homepage-appf8 . It and its previous versions have would great for me IMHO.
                        Michael

Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by mcox View Post
                          avg 8.0 can be found at http://free.avg.com/ww.homepage-appf8 . It and its previous versions have would great for me imho.
                          thanks i will check it out

Comment

I wouldn't even wait for Norton to expire. BTW, you'll have to download their tool to be able to actually remove it, it's that great
                            It has nothing to do with Norton's. I have been using Norton's 2008 and quite like it compared to many others I have tried. The only problem program I have used was Zone Alarm Internet Suite.

Tim
                            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I too was getting the auto logoff issues. If you do the "auto login" when entering the www.meguiarsonline.com website, you don't get booted after a short period of inactivity.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');