• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Length of time on site b4 boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Length of time on site b4 boot

Originally posted by terryadams View Post
    i too was getting the auto logoff issues. If you do the "auto login" when entering the www.meguiarsonline.com website, you don't get booted after a short period of inactivity.

Hth
    hum that is what i use, the auto login, maybe i'll try man.
    Thanks for all the help and input.

Comment

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
      thanks i am going to launch it, do you know of any good free ones ?
      AVG Free. In the years that I have been using it, it has caught the 2 viruses that managed to get past it.
      Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
      It has nothing to do with Norton's. I have been using Norton's 2008 and quite like it compared to many others I have tried. The only problem program I have used was Zone Alarm Internet Suite.

Tim
      Norton may not be causing the issue, but it is a horrible program IMHO (any Norton programs). Of course it could be causing a problem too. The only way to tell would be to go through all of the settings.

I was just offering that as more of a piece of advice. Every computer I have personally seen/fixed with that program installed, including my laptop when I bought it new, along with several friends' computers when they bought them new, had nothing but problems with it installed. It is generally nothing but a problem and it takes up horrendous amounts of memory on top of all that.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
        AVG Free. In the years that I have been using it, it has caught the 2 viruses that managed to get past it.

Norton may not be causing the issue, but it is a horrible program IMHO (any Norton programs). Of course it could be causing a problem too. The only way to tell would be to go through all of the settings.

I was just offering that as more of a piece of advice. Every computer I have personally seen/fixed with that program installed, including my laptop when I bought it new, along with several friends' computers when they bought them new, had nothing but problems with it installed. It is generally nothing but a problem and it takes up horrendous amounts of memory on top of all that.
        I guess it is a matter of opinion. Our district which has over 20,000 computers have all switched to Nortons as we have nothing but issues with other programs. They can buy whatever they want, literally, and the computer techies decided to go with Norton.

I agree the older versions were resource hogs, but the new 2008 Internet Security version is actually really good. I would stay away from the 360* version as it has too many bells and whistles that sometimes work against you.

The worst programs I have used were McAfee and Zone Alarm. As well, I have used Trend Micro and Kaspersky and all let in issues that the Norton did not. That is just from my experience. I know at University when I was in a computer programming course (which I hated and the reason I now teach Law and History LOL), the old virus programs were a real pain. But the new one is pretty good.

I would suggest that anyone who uses Norton to use the Default settings as modding any of them usually make things way too complicated.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Haven't seen or heard anything about the 2008 version. Sounds like they wised up a bit, and am kind of glad to hear that it is working well now! McAfee is kind of the opposite. Used to be good, but once I installed it on my XP computer, it wouldn't even let me get into Windows!

Comment

Originally posted by tim lingor View Post
            it has nothing to do with norton's. I have been using norton's 2008 and quite like it compared to many others i have tried. The only problem program i have used was zone alarm internet suite.

Tim
            well i deleted norton and still have the issue but i think i have it narrowed down. There is some type of a credential mgr and i am trying to figure it out.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');