• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP #45 is blurring the surface after #49

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP #45 is blurring the surface after #49

Tom I did the #49 to #63 already see results in post #24 above. Turned out pretty well. I felt as though I may be missing a step if I skipped the polish but the results are good. I would be happy to have you aboard, if your in SoCal just take I-5 north for a bit.... get off on Hwy 50 and head to Folsom. I will have to introduce you to fishing the way we do it.

Step 1 - Run the boat and have fun.
    Step 2 - When you get hungry proceed to the best fish house with a dock in close proximity.
    Step 3 (The fishing part) - Tie the boat up and head into the fish house and eat your fill
    Step 4 - Return to the boat and repeat Step 1.

Fish guts and fish smell are simply not allowed aboard. I have friends who fish on their boats... they say the smell comes out.... I beg to differ They clean up with bottles of clorox and other stuff which I makes the polish under my nails scream.

Have a great time at hot August nights... always a good time.
    Jeremy
    Boat: 2006 SeaRay 280DA T-4.3 MPI Alpha 1
    Tow Vehicle (aka My Truck): 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 DuraMax/Allison
    Wife's Car: 2006 Lexus ES330
    Folsom, Ca

Comment

LOL.. Too funny Jeremy. Based on what you have told me about the boat and the products you are using, combined with the haze issue on your particular gelcoat. I don't think you are missing anything. Remember, the M63 does have both polish and protection, so you are not really missing that step. Now, if you had a dark colored gelcoat I would probably recommend that you do keep the M45 in as one of your steps.

Regards,

Tom

Comment

Yes sir... I have 31 feet of hull that is black.... the 45 works wonders on the black gel...... what I love is after you get done with #45 --> #63 or #49 --> #63 the gel coat is so silky .... dare I say soft, smooth. I just love it.

This picture was taken after #45 before #63. It is nice to know that if the wife is in the bathroom (we can it the head on a boat) using the shower I can just hop in the water and shave using the reflection on the hull.

Jeremy
        Folsom, Ca

Comment

Originally posted by SeaRayOwner View Post

Step 1 - Run the boat and have fun.
          Step 2 - When you get hungry proceed to the best fish house with a dock in close proximity.
          Step 3 (The fishing part) - Tie the boat up and head into the fish house and eat your fill
          Step 4 - Return to the boat and repeat Step 1.
          That's kind of the way we did it with the drag boat only instead of pulling up to a fish house on the lake we would go to Costco and catch our limit.

Cool thing about fishing at Costco is you don't need a fishing license and the fish is already cleaned, frozen and packaged waiting for you to cook it up and you can always catch your limit.

Now that we have a family boat and a 9-year old that wants to fish it looks like we have to go back to the old-fashioned way...

My dad took me fishing and water skiing since I was old enough to walk so now it's my turn...

"Each one teach one"

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Costco has a good selection of superb quality seafood. The wife and I pick up lots for the house.... and boat (for the BBQ). Costco is the best I have found locally. To get better I will head to Florida (Panama City Beach).... where the menu is dictated by what they caught that day. Lots of mom and pop places that are unbelievable.

May I ask what boat you have.... I love boats, boating, and anything that has to do with maintaining, messing about, or running a boat. I go to work each morning so I can boat
            Jeremy
            Folsom, Ca

Comment

This is the very reason I searched and found this forum. I am having the same exact problem right now with my boat.
              Being new I accidentally posted my question in the other Marine section under products.

Did you or anyone else figure out a solution to this yet?
              Yesterday I picked up a bottle of Duragloss 501 and it didn't haze or take away the color like the #45 did.
              My bottle of #45 was bought at the beginning of the spring and who knows how long it may have sat on their shelf at the boat shop.
              It just bugs me not knowing what is wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');