• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group Buys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Buys?

I see these going on at most of the other forums I browse. Do they work out that good? Should we try doing one? Or maybe we could get a few gallons of products and split them up?

Just thinking out loud. Or maybe just typing and not a lot of thinking going on.
    Scott

Re: Group Buys?

Yeah... great idea... one hour after I put in an order!!! LOL

Actually I think it really is a good idea but would probably make most sense if you could find splitting partners that live close to one another (to avoid additional shipping charges).
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
      Yeah... great idea... one hour after I put in an order!!! LOL

Actually I think it really is a good idea but would probably make most sense if you could find splitting partners that live close to one another (to avoid additional shipping charges).

Agreed. I don't understand how they work out with the shipping charges. I was in one group buy for a polish. The person heading it up bought a gallon and we all got 8 oz bottles shipped to us. ADS sells the 12 oz sample size so I don't know if there's a need for that with Meguiar's products. I know if it wasn't for shipping charges I would make a lot more orders.

When the Soft Buff 2.0 pads where introduced I thought that might work. ADS has them for $13.95 each but $9.99 each in the 6 pack. I don't think we could get a much better price if we bought a case and split it.

I just see them going on all the time and wondered if we needed one and how they worked out any better.
      Scott

Comment

Personally, I think group buys only work if the item is hard to find or imported from another country. For example, a group buy of #16 would probably work very well. But, a group buy of DC2 would not work as well because it is fairly easy to find.

Group buys do work, but sometimes, people just don't pay.

...just a thought.
        Chris
        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

On paper I think its a great idea. But when you factor the shipping and handling it would probably be costlier then if we ordered it direct from ads. Then someone would have to do all the packaging to get it to us. I would imagine if we got Chris to ship everything it would arrive in one piece. We could never open the package but it would arrive in one piece. lol
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Just checking! If anyone can think of something that would work just let me know. I wouldn't mind putting it together. We will keep Chris away from the packaging part. lol
            Scott

Comment

It works really well for car parts.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                .....We will keep Chris away from the packaging part. lol
                Yeah but it won't leak though
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                  It works really well for car parts.

Yep, and electronics. Love the group buys!

Comment

Leaking bottles? Nothing ever leaks when I ship! ...hahaha...

Honestly, if you would like me to handle shipping for a group buy, I would be more than happy to do so. I get a slight discount from UPS, too.
                    Chris
                    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
                      Leaking bottles? Nothing ever leaks when I ship! ...hahaha...

Honestly, if you would like me to handle shipping for a group buy, I would be more than happy to do so. I get a slight discount from UPS, too.
                      Cool! Now we just have to think of something to buy.

Flex... Flex... Flex...
                      Scott

Comment

I would be into group buys, but, the shipping would be the only issue IMHO.

Andy
                        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');