• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't see rep when in user CP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see rep when in user CP.

Just like the title says... when I go to my user CP I can't see my rep. Do I have to enable it somewhere?
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Re: Can't see rep when in user CP.

The only thing I can see on my user cp is when someone gives me rep. Which has only been once. Other than that I think it goes by post count and time on the site.

Andy
    101impala
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I'm not sure how that works. When I click 'User CP' I see a section called 'Latest Reputation Received' but mine shows 5 items but only 3 have green dots in front of them.

That and when did my rep power go to 23? Wow, I thought it was just like 4. Hmmm, Well I'm happy I'm being helpful.
      Scott

Comment

Mine doesn't show anything with regards to rep and I have 6, which is about 8 rep points too many.
        ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
          Mine doesn't show anything with regards to rep and I have 6, which is about 8 rep points too many.
          Heck, you should at least be up to 3 by now.

This sort of kind of maybe explains it a bit better...

Originally posted by vBulletin 3 Manual
          User Reputation
          This section contains many settings that dictate how users of your forum are able to affect each other's reputation score.

* Enable User Reputation system
          This is the global switch for the reputation system. If you disable this, users will not be able to rate each other nor will their scores be visible.
          * Default Reputation
          This is the reputation score that new users will start out with.
          * Number of Reputation Levels to Display
          When a user enters their User CP, they will see a list of their most recent reputation ratings. This affects how many of the latest ratings to display.
          * Administrator's Reputation Power
          If you wish to have administrator's wield a certain reputation power independent of their calculated score, enter it here. Otherwise, set this to 0 and they will use the same calculations as everyone else.
          * Register Date Factor
          The number of reputation points that a user is able to give or take is dependant on several factors, with the length they have been registered as one of them. A user's power is first initialized at 1 and then this factor and the factors that follow are used to increase it. For example if you set this to 365, every 365 days that the user has been a member of your forum, they would gain one point. So if they have been a member for five years, they would gain 5 points of power for a total of 6.
          * Post Count Factor
          The amount of posts that a user has can also affect their reputation power. Set this to number of posts that you want to award one point for. For example, set this to 50 and for a user with 500 posts, they would gain 10 points of power.
          * Reputation Point Factor
          The users current reputation score can also affect their reputation power. Set this to 100 and a user with a reputation of 1000 would gain 10 points of reputation power. If you set any of the power factors to 0, that will effectively remove that factor from having an effect on the user's reputation power.
          * Minimum Post Count
          If the reputation system is enabled, anyone will be able to rate a post but only users with a post count above the level you set here will be able to actually give points or take points from another user.
          * Minimum Reputation Count
          As with the post count above, a user must have a reputation above this level to be able to give or take points from another user's score.
          * Daily Reputation Clicks Limit
          This sets how many unique members that a forum user will be able to rate in any 24 hour period. Administrators can rate as many people as they wish.
          * Reputation User Spread
          This setting dictates how many unique members that a user must rate before they are able to rate the same member twice. The goal of this setting is to stop a member from either artificially bumping or dropping a user by repeatedly rating their posts.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
            I'm not sure how that works. When I click 'User CP' I see a section called 'Latest Reputation Received' but mine shows 5 items but only 3 have green dots in front of them.

That and when did my rep power go to 23? Wow, I thought it was just like 4. Hmmm, Well I'm happy I'm being helpful.
            Hey Scott!

Yeah mine jumped up today also. I think they all changed.

Andy
            Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
            Andy M. Moderator

Comment

i never knew what rep points were, still a little fuzzy, but

has mine changed...?

yup, went from 1 to 4
              2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

I had 5 and now I have 27!
                Something has changed

Comment

66 does look a little high for me....
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It's all of those wonderful threads that you give the new guys Murr, cut and paste. Tried it but spent more time looking for my old threads with an older computer is was faster for me to type it out. LOL.

3Fitty, check your little arrow button to the right of the page.

Below is an older screen shot of my rep when it came up a few months ago. See the blue arrow gizmo on the right side? press that and see if it comes up, other than that, not sure

Aaron
                    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I can send you the word file....
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I think it was unlocked or something...mine used to be 2 and now its 13.

Ryan
                        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Take a look at Mike P's! LOL!! 233!
                          The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
                          --VoicesInMyHead--
                          0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                            I can send you the word file....
                            That's okay, I wouldn't always use it, I read more than I post anyway.

Thanks though

Aaron
                            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Wow, mine went up to 25. I was like 4, not that I ever get a whole lot of "rep" anyways...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');