• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 Toyota Yaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Toyota Yaris

Good morning,

Today I'd like to show what I did with my mom's Yaris. Detailing it was a really good experience for me. I won't say the car was neglected but all the previous owner did was take it to an automatic car wash. I must admit that after every stage of detailing I could clearly see how the looks of the car improved.

Here is the final result:

And here is the process I used:
    1) cleaning tires (Vers-Angle Tire Brush With Short Handle + NXT Generation Foam Tire Cleaner)
    2) cleaning rims (Ultra-Safe Wheel Spoke Brush + Extra) - I used Extra because I didn't have All Wheel Cleaner at hand and didn't want to risk using Chrome Wheel Cleaner on these rims - but Extra did the job
    3) washing (Vers-Angle Body Brush With Long Handle + NXT Generation Car Wash)
    4) drying (Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel)
    5) paint cleaning step 1 (Supreme Shine Microfiber + Quik Clay + Quik Detailer)
    6) paint cleaning step 2 (Even-Coat Applicator Pad + Supreme Shine Microfiber + Body Scrub)
    7) polishing (Soft Foam Applicator Pad + Supreme Shine Microfiber + Deep Crystal Step 2 Polish)
    8) waxing step 1 (Soft Foam Applicator Pad + NXT Generation Tech Wax) - applying wax
    9) detailing tires (Soft Foam Applicator Pad + Endurance High Gloss)
    10) detailing trim (Soft Foam Applicator Pad + Supreme Shine Microfiber + Gold Class Trim Detailer)
    11) waxing step 2 (Supreme Shine Microfiber) - wiping wax off
    12) cleaning windows (Duo-Fiber Glass Towel + NXT Generation Glass Cleaner)

Few more "after" pictures:

The wheel:

This is how the paint looked right after I washed the car:

And this is how it looked after I finished detailing:

Here is the proof that Quik Clay does work:

I must say that when the previous owner saw the car after detailing he really was surprised. And so were his friends.

Re: 2002 Toyota Yaris

NICE!
    The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
    --VoicesInMyHead--
    0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Nice work, great results!

Maybe you'll get some work via word-of-mouth advertising from the past owner?

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        Nice work, great results!

Maybe you'll get some work via word-of-mouth advertising from the past owner?

Thank you for the encouraging comment, Mike. I must say it does mean a lot to me.

By using "word-of-mouth" and "seeing is believing" methods I've already got a couple of my friends into using Meguiars' products. And I'm detailing another Yaris this weekend. This is really the coolest thing for me - that people around start to recognize what I do to cars. And I thought detailing was just a hobby.

BTW, did you check out the thread about my Corolla - http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=25000 ?? That's the baby I'm really proud of.

Comment

Once again great work. The Yaris looks great. Way to go. Hope you get a lot of business from this. Good Luck.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Great work on the Yaris

Comment

Thank you for the nice comments, guys. That's very kind of you.

Comment

That kinda looks a lot like my car.

I wanted a green one, but they weren't available here in Canada.

Nice Job !

Comment

Great work. Car looks amazing!
                  ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Great work, you can def see the difference in the before and after

Comment

Great job bring the Yaris back from abused!
                      Rob A.
                      '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                      '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');