• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yikes! Volcanic ash removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yikes! Volcanic ash removal?

Hello,

Hundreds of miles away in a small island in the Caribbean, a volcano has been puffing for years. On rare ocassions, winds take volcanic ash all the way here and it has even shutdown the airport once before. This ash deposits on cars (and everything else) and it is quite nasty. Hosing it off doesn't help much. A friend of mine called me that he washed his car as usual and it is all scratched like if he used a fine grit sandpaper. I plan to wash mine with PLENTY of suds and work it very slowly but I'm worried.
    Any advise on handling this?

Thanks,
    Ismael

Re: Yikes! Volcanic ash removal?

maybe wash it using a PW to push the ash off the car then use a foam lance and spread the foam all over the car's surface so that it can pull the dirt off then rinse, then continue to wash via 2BM ...just a thought?

ps: Not sure how relative is my case to yours but when thick mud is splashed all over my car and its dried for days, the above is my usual remedy.

Tim
    Learning new things everyday

Comment

It sounds like it would need to be presoaked. Good luck with it.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

FYI, if it gets wet it can etch the paint as it is acidic. I recommend washing it quickly, but thoroughly once it gets wet.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');