• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting Pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting Pad

For years I have used my buffer with Meguiar's pads and love it. I have just used the Polishing and Finishing pads for applying products and use the cutting pad for the bonnets. Most of my cars are fairly new and have good paint jobs. My question is under what circumstances would you use the cutting pad and with which products?
    Jezroj
    Sunnyside, California

Re: Cutting Pad

Originally posted by jezroj View Post
    For years I have used my buffer with Meguiar's pads and love it. I have just used the Polishing and Finishing pads for applying products and use the cutting pad for the bonnets. Most of my cars are fairly new and have good paint jobs. My question is under what circumstances would you use the cutting pad and with which products?

megs doesnt recomend a cutting pad with a dual action/pc
    they do have a new improved cutting pad for use with a dual action/pc
    i would still be careful

as for products 80,83 and new 151 as of late, seem to be the norm

hope that helps

Comment

The older W7006 is not approved for use with the PC, but the new W7207 is approved. I have a few of both cutting pads. Compared to the old one, the new W7207 has a smoother surface, but retains the same firmness.

Cutting pads are another tool to adjust the defect removing power of the tool. If a pad and a product aren't working, you have the choice of stepping up to a more aggressive pad or more aggressive product.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Hi everyone !

I'm new to this forum and have some questions.

I've ordered a G220 DA polisher to optimize the paint finish of my cars:

1.)It is said that cutting or wool pads (with M84 and M85) are not recommended for use with a DA polisher ?
        What's the reason ?

Would they cause any negative effects ?

I've already used a good rotary (MTS - think it's Meguiar's) on my cars without having any problems and with good results.

speed:1-2 with polishing pad and a normal abrasive polish.

2.) Is it possible to get a perfect result with a dual action polisher when I've wetsanded my car with a 2000er paper before ?

3.) I've already #83 DA-cleaner polish, #82 swirl free polish and #7 show car glaze at home.

Is it possible to get a perfect result with these products with the G220 on a sand papered paint (grid:2000) ?

Thanks for helping !

Bye !

Zauche

Comment

zauche your in the right topic but you should repost it as a new question in this topic area.

Comment

OK ! Thanks ! ---> I've started a new thread !

Comment

Interesting thing about the new cutting pad, I heard it was made from memory foam. Kinda cool.
              Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');