• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tiny swirls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tiny swirls

i got some very mild swirls in the car, i made them with polishing pad and hand polish show glaze 7 on mistake....i usually use mirror glaze 82 and then place the wax on it am i doing this correctly?

Re: tiny swirls

What were you using the polishing pad with? If it was a rotary and you have 82, go ahead and go over the car with that again and a polishing pad. Do a test spot first, a little 1ft by 1ft section on the hood or somewhere to make sure the 82 removes the swirls and then move on if it works.

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

i used the polishing pad with the show glaze polish, i usually use the 82swirl free polish...sorry wrote that a little fast

Comment

yea it was a rotary, what i did is use the show glaze 7 instead of using the 82 that i usually use...and got the marks.....so what you are saying is that i should go over it with the swirl free polish that i normally use? I was reading a thread with one member thats been here for a while and he suggest DA which i dont have....am i screwed????

i also wanted to describe the proccess i use on detailing cars most of the time, all meguiares stuff

first i wash the car with soap , rims and tires with another sponge
        clay the car with bar and lubricante
        cutting pad if needed (rotary buffer)
        swirl free polish 82 (finishing pad)
        hand polish most of the time(pure polish 7)by hand
        and carnuba wax

Comment

#7 is a non-abrasive...it essentially is meant to protect, restore, and beautify the paint. Therefor you don't need any machine, do it by hand.

Comment

***Consider this an edit to my previous post...I think I read the topic too quickly last time. Sorry!

So, you are saying that your problem is that you CREATED some type of swirls or light holograms by using #7 on the rotary INSTEAD of the usual #82?

If am I reading this correctly, I would say to simply go back and do it with the #82 and it should do the trick. Sorry for the confusion!

Comment

yea that's what I needed to know man thank u very much.....

Comment

Agree.

Re-polish the affected panels with the M82 and make sure everything is clean, that includes the panels but also the face of your foam buffing pads.

M07 is a non-abrasive polish, so if you have swirls after using it with a rotary buffer you need to look elsewhere for the swirl problem and it only takes one small abrasive particle of dirt on the surface of your buffing pad or on the panel to instill swirls into the paint.

Also the air-current created by a rotating pad can actually lift and pull an abrasive dirt particle into your polishing process that's why it's so important to work clean and this can mean washing your car first and when you rinse, do a spectacular job of rinsing out all the cracks and crevices to flush any loosened dirt out of these areas so they won't get caught into your buffing process by the air-current a rotating pad creates.

Hopefully the swirls are not too deep, do a Test Spot to make sure the M82 will actually remove them because M82 is actually a very light cleaner/polish.

Keep us updated...

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');