• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Car Wash--oily residue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Car Wash--oily residue?

I tried GC Car Wash for the first time and when I dried it...first swiped with water blade, wiping it after each pass, then dried remainder with Absorber and a towel. On the final dry I noticed an oily like smearing on the paint. Did I not get it rinsed thouroughly? Or???
    Barry

Re: Gold Class Car Wash--oily residue?

How did you dilute it?

Comment

Could be something on your water blade? Or...not rinsed enough? I take my spigot off and use full water from the hose as a final hose off and it dries better
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
        How did you dilute it?
        Probably a couple glugs to a couple gallons of water....I know, I know....I'll measure it next time..
        Barry

Comment

In Gold Class Car Wash in the back label it says the dilution ration.
          I'm not sure 100% but if I remember correctly it's 1oz of soap for every gallon of water

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
            In Gold Class Car Wash in the back label it says the dilution ration.
            I'm not sure 100% but if I remember correctly it's 1oz of soap for every gallon of water
            Yep, 1 Oz. or 4 capfulls per gallon.
            Navy Blue Metallic Pearl 2002 Camaro Z28: Build in progress. (416" LS3/9" Rear End/TH400/200 Shot)
            Superior Blue Metallic 2005 Trailblazer LS: !Badges/!Molding/20% Tint/Stealth Audio in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Poki View Post
              Probably a couple glugs to a couple gallons of water....I know, I know....I'll measure it next time..
              I'd guess that is the problem right there. Too much soap to water can leave a residue behind.

All Consumer Washes are 1oz. soap to 1 gal. water.

Comment

I guess another washing, using the proper dilution ratio is what is needed.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

So much to learn.. I found Mike's thread on proper mixing of wash soap. I'll use a cup with the ounces marked on it. I was also mixing in the bucket wrong. Now it makes so much sense to put the water in first then the soap....cuz I always up haveing a gallon of water and a gallon of suds instead of 2 gallons of car wash.
                  Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Poki View Post
                    Did I not get it rinsed thoroughly?

Or???
                    Sounds like it's probably 2 things... not rinsed thoroughly and the reason you likely couldn't rinse it thoroughly is because maybe you over used the product?

Most people think like this...

If a little is good... more is better

That's true of my bank account and my gas tank but it's never true when it comes to paint care products.

Check out this thread...

How to quickly, easily and accurately mix your car wash solution

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');