• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I complain about wanting to buy Meguiars and not having where to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point is the average consumer doesnt purchase car detailing products online, the average consumer doesnt even own a computer muchless know of this friggin site! Heck I own a computer, know all about Meguiars but yet didnt find out about their online store till last week! So it is just now that I do have them readily available to ME but Joe consumer is still buying inferior product!

I really dont understand why you people just dont agree that it would be much easier to just goto the store when you need product! And that you would be more apt to purchase a new product that youd never tried if it were right there in front of you.
    And no friggin shipping charge!!!

And my last point is why am I debating this with yall? Isnt this the customer service hot line? Why isnt Meguiars responding? Or a representative who could actually answer me, without making up excusses for lack of inventory on store shelves.

And another thing, I will remember this when asking for advice in the future, you clearly like to debate. It would be far simpler to say "yeah, that would be nice" but instead debate, and your point is moot!
    Last edited by Short BuSX; Feb 24, 2004, 04:32 PM.
    http://aeriostyle.com/images/uploads/ShortBuSX.gif
    Is there any way I can use my gif as a signature? Or am I missin it?

Comment

Sorry, I'll make note of your user name and remember to leave you alone.

Tom
      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

I just think Meguiars makes a highly superior product and it should be available to everyone, that it shouldnt be kept a secret for those of us in the know. That we shouldnt have to jump through hoops to find the consumer line, that it should be available where the average consumer shops/frequents. For the most part all of their consumer waxes are available at such locations, but I beleive that Meguiars is missing the gravy to their meat and potatoes. That they have to be loosing money for something that would cost very little to start up. And as big as they are, and as much as they do and give away, that this would be nothing for them to get started. And by doing so would deffinately cut into competing companies total sales. And by not doing so will continue to loose them millions per year and build their competitions revenue.

To arguee with that just doesnt make financial sense! And to arguee that it wouldnt be great to just walk to your corner discount outlet or parts store and find it on the shelf, well we wont go there!

So where are all the loyal Meguiars fans that think "yeah that would be nice" at?

Comment

It's a shame that the discount stores don't carry a bigger line of Meg's products, but I am fortunate that a local auto paint store very close to me carries a large line of the Pro & Detailer series...I would keep searching Short Bus...Surely there has to be an auto paint store within 10 to 20 miles of you with Meg's products in the tan bottles.
          r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Short BuSX
            Why isnt Meguiars responding? Or a representative who could actually answer me, without making up excusses for lack of inventory on store shelves.
            Hi Short BuSX,

I usually start my day around 6:30am PST and end it 12 to sometimes 16 hours later. I would like to sit by the computer and monitor and post 24 x 7, but not only is that not possible, in most cases, it's not necessary.

My job is to help people get the best results from their time, money, and efforts, and when possible, have some fun along the way. That's why I like using Meguiar's products and working for the company, I always get good results, and for the most part, all of the people I help get good results.

As far as the issue of inventory on store shelves goes, well that's not my department and I can guarantee you that who ever is in charge of getting Meguiar's products on the shelves, they are doing their best. I have yet to meet a co-worker that doesn't go above and beyond the call of duty.

So your statement,
            Why isnt Meguiars responding? Or a representative who could actually answer me, without making up excusses for lack of inventory on store shelves.
            Is kind of out of order.

This online discussion forum is here for the purpose of sharing the passion we all have for making our cars, boats, bikes, or whatever, look like the show car of the neighborhood, not about taking pot shots at hard working Meguiar's employees or fellow forum members. You are entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean you get to attack people or post derogatory things about Meguiar’s employees whom you do not know and have never met.

And another thing, I will remember this when asking for advice in the future, you clearly like to debate. It would be far simpler to say "yeah, that would be nice" but instead debate, and your point is moot!
            It's never a good idea to attack fellow forum members. From my experience at posting to both the Usenet Newsgroups and to web-based discussion forums since 1994, possibly as early as 1993, I have learned that for some people, the anonymity offered by sitting behind a computer screen enables them to say things they wouldn't normally say if they were in punching distance from the person they talking/typing to.

Rusty Bumper, Mosca, and rjstaaf are all gentlemen, as well as friends of mine. They spend a lot of time on multiple forums adding to the greater body of knowledge through civil and polite discussions. I think you have already worn out your welcome with Mosca, and probably others who have responded to this thread.

In my life, I have learned that when I make a mistake, the best thing I can do is to admit it, apologize, and then learn from the experience and hope that those I have offended will forgive me. It's okay to make a mistake, it's not okay to repeat it at the expense of others.

This discussion forum is for having fun, asking questions, sharing experiences, and making friends. If you are having problems, or if you have complaints about Meguiar's, then we encourage you to make them known to us and we will do our best to fix the problem.

I will not allow fellow members to be harassed, attacked, intimidated, or ridiculed. Consider this a friendly warning, and please consider what I wrote about my own personal experiences when I have made mistakes.

I can send you the e-mail and phone number of people in charge of retail sales if you would like to share with them your frustration with finding Meguiar's products at retail stores if you like.

Kind regards,

Mike Phillips
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

For starters let me appologize, as many may notice I am new to this forum. I have limited my posts to 3 topics so far, and created one. I dont know this forum, its appearently new, this forum section is tittled "Customer service hotline" and I posted under another topic started by another member(who never got a response) the topic being "Where can I go to complain about wanting to buy Meguiars and not having anywhere to" I realize people work, but also didnt realize you were runnin a one man show. I thought this was a Meguiar's forum and that maybe more of Meg's employees would be apart of it, my folly - im sorry.

Id like to appologize for the rest of the post but cant, this is a discussion forum, and Im sorry but its stupid to say that you or anybody wouldnt be more content with more of the consumer line on shelves at the retail outlets!

Sorry if I added to a bad day Mike,but you like most of the others that responded to this post didnt quite get my point, but atleast you gave me a number to call. But how come nobody there can respond here, maybe I just dont understand Meguiar's affiliation with this forum? Maybe Im just unrealistic afterall, but wait Ima consumer! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

For starters let me appologize, as many may notice I am new to this forum. I have limited my posts to 3 topics so far, and created one. I dont know this forum, its appearently new,
                Hi Short BuSX,

We are all new to this forum because it is brand new, less than a month in fact.

this forum section is tittled "Customer service hotline" and I posted under another topic started by another member(who never got a response) the topic being "Where can I go to complain about wanting to buy Meguiars and not having anywhere to"

This would be the forum to complain about not being able to find Meguiar’s products. (It is a common complaint by the way.) While I don’t know all the issues that are involved with getting all Meguiar’s products placed in all stores, I do know that if Meguiar’s could do it, they would do it.

I realize people work, but also didnt realize you were runnin a one man show. I thought this was a Meguiar's forum and that maybe more of Meg's employees would be apart of it, my folly - im sorry.
                This is a brand new forum, as it grows, I hope to have more help with moderating and answering questions. It is not a one man show however. Other forum members chime in and do their best to answer questions and share their experience. This is what’s so cool about forums, you usually get lots of information from nice people who are usually only interested in helping you.

Id like to appologize for the rest of the post but cant, this is a discussion forum, and Im sorry but its stupid to say that you or anybody wouldnt be more content with more of the consumer line on shelves at the retail outlets!
                This is a discussion forum and you are encouraged to post your questions, answers, and in this situation, your complaints.

Sorry if I added to a bad day Mike,but you like most of the others that responded to this post didnt quite get my point,
                I had a great day, a very productive day in fact. I also understood what you were trying to say, but to me, and at least some of the other forum members, it appeared that your frustration was being taken out on forum members. I just re-read the entire thread, and it does appear that you are very frustrated that you cannot find all Meguiar’s Consumer products in all stores. This is forcing you to purchase our competitors products. I apologize for this. That said, there is really nothing I, or the other forum members can do to place more Meguiar’s products on the shelves of more stores. I’m 100% sure that whomever’s job it is, is doing everything they can to successfully place more Meguiar’s products on the shelves of more stores.

but atleast you gave me a number to call.
                Meguiar’s goal is do our best to satisfy our customers 100%. Sometimes we fail, when we do, it’s often because of something that is out of our control. For example: Placing 100% of our Consumer Line in 100% of all retail stores. But in Meguiar’s tradition, I would like to offer you my assistance in obtaining any Meguiar’s product you are having a hard time finding. Please send me you shipping address and a list of Meguiar’s products you would like to use, or try and I will send them to you A.S.A.P. as a free gift.

But how come nobody there can respond here,
                I am responding, and I did respond.

maybe I just dont understand Meguiar's affiliation with this forum? Maybe Im just unrealistic afterall, but wait Ima consumer! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
                Meguiar’s owns this forum, and on behalf of Meguiar’s, I would like to say, Meguiar’s would love to place 100% of all their Consumer products in 100% of all retail stores in the U.S. and around the world. Have we reached this goal? No. Are we trying? Yes.

Now how about sending me your shipping address and I’ll send you a sign of our appreciation for your loyalty and passion for the car hobby!

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Does this mean I gotta shut up now?

I think it worked! Sorry yall, Im a freak, what can I say?

Guess after he gets me all hooked on this stuff Ill be taking yalls advice and buy em online. And well guess now its my job to tell the world about Meguiars. And let em know they can get it online too!

Thanks Mike!

Comment

Well I found a professional line dealer after all. Turns out hes got like 5 dirty dusty old tan bottles! Took a 1/2 hour to find the price, but hey, he did have the Sealant! Mission accomplished, and Im quite pleased with the results. But as a previous poster suggested, Im going to purchase my next products directly online!

Sorry yall I was such a PITA, I took a break, but Im back now, did you miss me?

Comment

Congratulations Short Bus...The stuff in the tan bottles is hard to beat!

Welcome back
                      r. b.

Comment

Hey Short BuSX,

I just recently returned from more than 8 months of combat in Iraq, and before that a year in Afghanistan. I didnt get to see my family, friends, or my car for 2 years, and you are going to come on this excellent forum and ***** and moan about not being able to find a product, and try to blame it on the Meguiars people?
                        All these people on here are willing to help you out and do whatever they can to make detailing your auto easier and help you achieve better results. You should be thankful you have the luxury of being able to order this stuff online, or heaven forbid you have to drive 20 minutes and look around a little.

I would just like to say a big thanks to Mike and the whole Meguiars team for all the effort that has been put into this forum and the outstanding products they make !!

Comment

welcome short buSX,
                          I feel your pain, I to have a paint supply store that only wants to carry three bottles of megs, but a whole shelf of another company. My guess is that its not megs fault, just the other company does a better job of scratching someones back, megs is so good they don't need to do that.after a few orders on line or by phone you'll probably, like myself, adjust to the new way to shop. I can still remember shopping malls! besides its kind of a high when you see santa in a brown suit (ups) at your door with a new present.
                          yours in internet shopping,

pat
                          2019 GMC Sierra
                          1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by CHzo6
                            Hey Short BuSX,

I just recently returned from more than 8 months of combat in Iraq, and before that a year in Afghanistan.
                            Bet you get alot of mileage outta that, huh. Thanks for doin your job!

On a more helpful note related to finding Meguiar's products, today I went to Ace Hardware and found a couple of tan bottles! Im pretty stoaked and the price was nice too! $9.99 for the pints. Just thought Id pass this on, since just about every town has an Ace, right?

You know and WTF is with this forum? I mean there has hardly been a useful response to my "rant" if you even wanna call it that. I was simply stating fact that alot of the consumer line isnt readily available to the average impulse buying consumer. Im really just surprised at the response as well as reactions. Thanks, youve been helpful.

BTW Thank you Rusty Bumper and Pat 2K for your response!

Mike, sorry bud, Im really tryin here.
                            Last edited by Short BuSX; Apr 4, 2004, 01:18 AM.

Comment

I had a thought on your impluse buying piont..........I think more impluse buying is done online as the trend of shopping on line grows, so less focas is put into the store impluse and more into being on line accsesable? just look at stores where you do your own bagging, my wife works at a meijers (similar to wal mart if you don't have one) and they even have registers where you ring yourself up. its just a much different world to shop in. you can find anything you want in the whole world, but the trade off is you have to wait for it to be shipped. an oxymaroon when you think how todays society wants everything in a hurry.
                              If I can help you find anything I'm more than willing to help!
                              2019 GMC Sierra
                              1500 AT4

Comment

800 347-5700 works every time for every product for me

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');