• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New White Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New White Truck

I purchased a White 07 Dodge Ram in Dec and need some help. I have been a fan of Zaino for about the last 7 years on my dark cars. However now that I have a white truck I just don't see any benefit of all the hard work. About 2 months ago I did the whole process clay bar Z-1 Z-2 and Z-5. I have no scratches or swirls in the paint but the finish is just not smooth at all. What I want to replace with is a product that will be long lasting. I'm not looking for ultra clear this that and the other thing. I just want a product/products that will last the longest with the most protection. I don't mind multiple products or a full weekend worth of work to make it happen.

Re: New White Truck

Will you be working by hand or machine?

Comment

I will be working by hand.

I was able to find an awesome right up on white cars and what to use and why.

Comment

Hey Danny! Welcome to MOL.

I'm the owner of a white vehicle as well and I get fantastic results with NXT 2.0. Mine is garage parked and I maintain the car with UQD, but I get at least 3 months of protection (maybe more) without waxing (although to be honest, I usually break down at the 6-8 week range and wax it anyway, because I enjoy it).
        ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSEDanny View Post
          I was able to find an awesome right up on white cars and what to use and why.
          Really? What did you read and where? Link?

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
            I just used this link.

Comment

I'm the owner of a white vehicle as well and I get fantastic results with NXT 2.0. Mine is garage parked and I maintain the car with UQD, but I get at least 3 months of protection (maybe more) without waxing (although to be honest, I usually break down at the 6-8 week range and wax it anyway, because I enjoy it).
              With gas prices I have been leaving the truck in the garage and driving a little Toyota Matrix. So 6 weeks go by pretty quick without driving it much more than a few miles. So I guess the claims of back in the day a wax lasting 6 months or a year was all false.

Comment

Comment

I can't post links yet probably due to post count. The thread is 7304.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSEDanny View Post
                    With gas prices I have been leaving the truck in the garage and driving a little Toyota Matrix. So 6 weeks go by pretty quick without driving it much more than a few miles. So I guess the claims of back in the day a wax lasting 6 months or a year was all false.
                    I've read claims of certain waxes lasting a year, but frankly I've never seen something like that with my own eyes.

Unfortunately, there is a proliferation of a lot of misinformation with regards to this topic, but I'll see if I can find a link on the subject from Mike Phillips.

I am certainly NO expert in the field but I do know that I get great results with NXT 2.0. For me, the proof is in the pudding, but let me see if I can find that link.

Comment

Ahh, yes, that is a good link, though a little older.

Nxt 2.0 would be the newest wax, and the Ultimate Quick Detailer is newer as well for use as maintenance.

But it will be the claying and cleaning step that will help smooth your surface out the most.
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Read this thread here http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/fo...&threadid=4657

Comment

Just did my white 08 Malibu with NXT 2.0 and it looks fabulous I also use the UQD after every wash and this stuff Rocks

Comment

Well if you state the finish does not feel smooth, after a good washing you will have to clay the finish. Then You could go with NXT 2.0. then for regular maintenance, go with the uqd. With as little as you drive it. I would guess this would last a long time. I like #21 2.0 and my car is a daily driver garaged kept. I am willing to say if I just maintain it 3 months is easily attainable between waxing. But I usually do it every 8-9 weeks. I am another one who likes to wax the car.
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

The finish is very smooth but very dry. It does not have that slick feel.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');