• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Factory Five GTM Supercar....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Factory Five GTM Supercar....

I have read several articles about the FFR GTM. FFR is one of the largest replicar manufacturers. The GTM uses a complete tubular frame , Corvette engine and I believe a Porsche transaxle.

Comment

That is one great looking car. That would be great to tool around in.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

You know if you have a friend that is a car dealer or are one yourself, I would recommend looking into insurance auto auctions for donor cars.

When I was looking into doing an LS1 conversion into my 240sx I went salvage vehicle hunting. Often times there will be cars there that the only damage done to them is side impact or rear impact, and if engine is all you are going for, then it is a definite steal!

Comment

I have wanted one for a couple of years. I will have one as well I swear it. I already have a car with a donor engine.
          Navy Blue Metallic Pearl 2002 Camaro Z28: Build in progress. (416" LS3/9" Rear End/TH400/200 Shot)
          Superior Blue Metallic 2005 Trailblazer LS: !Badges/!Molding/20% Tint/Stealth Audio in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
            After you factor in a donor car($15-$25k for a C5), probably about $40k total plus labor(if you can't do it yourself).
            You could probably get this for a donor car for a lot less... probably won't have the power you're looking for...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Looks like a corvette/viper/miata... a weird mix... plus a little exotic something for the back... maybe a lambo.

Comment

Nice looking car. I know someone who has built a Factory Five cobra. He said, he had frustrating times when something did not go together right. But in the end he said it is worth it. If you want to build a kit car go for it. I think it would be a lot easier to build a kit car with new parts instead of restoring a old car. When the kit you get all new parts and basically a new car.
                Alex
                1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
                1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
                1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Originally posted by 03mach1 View Post
                  Nice looking car. I know someone who has built a Factory Five cobra. He said, he had frustrating times when something did not go together right. But in the end he said it is worth it. If you want to build a kit car go for it. I think it would be a lot easier to build a kit car with new parts instead of restoring a old car. When the kit you get all new parts and basically a new car.
                  A guy from my old home town built a FFC as well. Car was gorgeous when it was done but it took him well over a year.
                  Navy Blue Metallic Pearl 2002 Camaro Z28: Build in progress. (416" LS3/9" Rear End/TH400/200 Shot)
                  Superior Blue Metallic 2005 Trailblazer LS: !Badges/!Molding/20% Tint/Stealth Audio in Progress

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');