• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to get your Detailing business going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best way to get your Detailing business going?

Your local area should have lots of FaceBook group sites that cater to stuff like: Services; for Sale/Wanted; Anything Automotive; Guy Stuff, and so on. I place ads on these and generate business. Get on facebook and do a search for groups in your local area/city. The only thing is that lots of people seem to think your work comes cheap.

Jim

Comment

I use Facebook Linkedin Twitter to get my detail business going. Just as I did with my window cleaning business. I already got a business listing on Google for ppl searching for this type of service. I do a lot of foot work ie business cards or flyer. Just got ins and bonding so I can get commercial contracts.

Comment

I've had tremendous luck with going door to door (to companies not homes). Just talking to a receptionist, giving her a flyer and asking if she can put it in the employee break room. Briefly summing up the business. I have a good quick schpill that works very well if anyone's interested in hearing it. I've even been lucky enough to get a corporate 5 story building with a large parking lot that had become my regular biggest client. I simply walked into the main lobby and asked who would be in charge of giving permission to operate in their parking lot. Offered the guy a free wash per month, and he just thought its be cool to have me around. There are 4 major business including an investing firm in this building, I started washing my own car and friends cars in this parking lot during the rush hours (coming to work, lunch breaks, and leaving work) so like 7-9, 1130-130, and 430-6. It only took 1 week of this to generate 8 new clients, and talked to 20 or 30. Now just 3 months later from this building alone I have a customer list of over 50 people. Most of them are only once every 10 weeks or so, but I have 2 regulars who get a basic wash every 2 weeks and at least 15 or so who are at least once a month. At least half the clients have gotten some type of additional service (headlight restoration, paint correction, spot removal interior, etc). Also auto dealerships are cheapos, but they will put cash in you're pocket on slow days. They trend to gravitate more towards interiors that really need help, spot paint correction, etc, and you'll have to offer them a deal. Most dealers have their own wash guy already, but its worth taking a rainy day and visiting 20 used dealers in the area. And visit them often, go to the same dealer at least twice a month. The point is PHYSICALLY TALK TO PEOPLE. And WASH CARS IN PUBLIC PLACES WITH HIGH TRAFFIC. This I'd the best advertising for mobile detailing. Go to a Whole Foods parking lot on a Saturday afternoon and make a headlight restoration on a friends car. Work slowly on purpose to prolong your exposure time to the public, you'll be surprised how many people walk up to you and ask for your business card, and if your a good sales man, you might get a job m on the spot! Keep a customer phone master list and date and you're of service completed. Update this every day. So every morning if you have no appointments, call customers who you know you haven't raked to in 6 weeks. If they don't answer leave a voicemail "hi its David from **mobile detail whatever*** just making a courtesy call since I haven't heard from you in about 6 weeks. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Business that you feel good about (high chance, or high desire to get customers in that building) say you have 1 client who you wash his car at his place of business, (of course offer him done type of referral), but revist a receptionist at least once a month and drop off another flyer. Put flyers on the cars in the lot (no more than once every 3 months for the same lot) even offer a "quick $10 wash" I'll be in the parking lot on Wednesday from 8-1 pm look for the big yellow van etc etc on the flyers. Its only a matter of time until you have 2,3, 6 customers. Then your operating in the same parking lot fairly often, and you're simple presence is enough advertising, and you can cut back on the gimmicks. I know none of us want to be that guy who does all these basic washes, BUT in the beginning you'll get a higher volume of customers this way, higher volume means more public presence means free advertising, and advertising only works when its repetitive...you have to get stick inn people's minds to actually think about you. Full details will be generated from this type of campaign, and it will only be a matter of time before your doing what you love.

Comment

We started www.getcarclean.com as a detailer and valeter directory
            Not quite there yet, but I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding it!

I have posted a couple of times about it, but I keep getting removed :-(

Comment

Hey, how is your mobile car wash business going? Did it work out? I think it would be cool to see your progress and find out from you what worked and what didn't.

I would also suggest a few things when having a mobile car wash business.

1. Get a real email address, you can buy one with Google Domains for $12/year(domain) and $5/month(email address)

2. Have a business license and insurance

3. Set up in a parking lot with permission from owner (May require insurance)

4. Set up a sign pointing to where you are set up

5. Set up in a parking lot of a business office where people can go into work and just leave the keys with you till the end of the day or till lunch time where they can pick up their keys and car all washed without doing anything

6. Add your business to a listing like www.zipmobilecarwash.com (Zip Mobile Car Wash) so you can have customers find you and know where you are at

7. Give referral discounts

8. Use good products like Meguiar's so you don't ruin someone's car with cheap stuff

This is what i would recommend to get your business off the ground. Once you are set up, they will come to you. License and Insurance is probably the hardest part but well worth the time in getting it.

Originally posted by Hoffmann21 View Post
              Well to sum it all up, i quit my stuiped job (at a grocery store) to do detailing. I have one guy thats pretty steady with cars each week. But what are some good stragadies to get a detailing business booming and have a good amount of customers each week? I did craigs list but what else have you guys done?

Comment

Try a sign like this. It is called an A-Frame sign.

https://www.buildasign.com/producttype/sandwichboards/Custom-A-Frame-Signs?utm_source=google_base&utm_medium=data_feed&skuid=50574&pcode=676E58303145545569585038636A484F6B565451453446733541484B7A506A76&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6LWxxo_z2wIVkWV-Ch1cNwcLEAkYAiABEgJFR_D_BwE

Comment

Starting and growing a business is hard. I started my mobile car detailing business in Toronto by going door to door. The early days require A LOT of tenacity. Starting a car detailing business is not much different than starting any other business. You want to aim to be a great business person, detailer, manager, customer service rep. I would recommend the book: The Lean Startup. I may do a write-up on how to start and scale a mobile car detailing business. I started mine from scratch and it's one of the leaders in our market now...a lot of hard work.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');