• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Condition wont change?!?! HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Condition wont change?!?! HELP!!!

So I have a Saab 9000 Aero (Black and tinted). I bought this car and it was heavily oxidized and have swirls all over it. I thought the car would have to be repainted but a body shop buffing the car out out, it is now at a level that is typical of many cars. I have also used Meguiars DC system by hand to help as well.

I have a Chicago Rotary Buffer, HiBuff Pads (Red Heavy Cut, Orange Medium Cut, Green Soft Polish). A Porter Cable with LC pads (orange, yellow, black, white). I have Meguiars DC steps 1 - 3, Malco TruGrit Rubbing Compound, Mothers Power Polish, XMT fine swirl remover?, Klasse AIO, Klasse Glaze?(red bottle).

My point being is that, no matter what product I use on my car, I cant get the swirls out. The only thing I can do is make the car very shiny which is good from 5 foot away but in the sunlight, you can see the swirls despite the shiny paint.

I have watched many videos on how to you the hardware and products but I cant seems to have any luck by hand, PC, or even the rotary.

I do notice that when I use the the rotary, I dont even get any black paint on the pad. Maybe the pad absorbs the product too fast or I am not using enough polish?? I do work in just one section at a time as I have read and use a small bead of product. I try not to apply much pressure to the machines.

If anyone has an insight or suggestions, please let me know. At this point I have spent soo much money on everything and would really like to see some results as I do with many post on here.

Please, any and all help is appreciated!!!

-therealet23

Pics of the current condition of the paint will follow once I learn how to upload them on this forum..

Re: Paint Condition wont change?!?! HELP!!!

most of those products arent very agressive

i tend to buy the 12oz samples from ads,they are cheap and you dont get stuck with 1 gallon of something u wont have a use for

Comment

I was thinking I should get a wool pad and try my luck at it again with the powerpolish. I cant seem to find #83 anywhere.

Comment

DC1 wont do anything.... you can go to target and buy 2 tubes of scratch X and see what it can do for you.....

80 and 83 would be better choice though.... you have to order these online unless you can find a professional line dealer in your area....

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86 View Post
          DC1 wont do anything.... you can go to target and buy 2 tubes of scratch X and see what it can do for you.....

80 and 83 would be better choice though.... you have to order these online unless you can find a professional line dealer in your area....
          yep

i find products at auto body supply stores

kwikauto.com is near boston, ..stoughton/medford are 2 locations

google auto body supllies in your area

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86 View Post

yeah I know DC1 pretty much wont do **** as it isnt intended for machine use....The other products and compounds I would imagine should do something...( malco trugrit. mothers powerpolish, klasse)....

I think I am going to pick up a wool pad, and either some 83 or 105 locally ( thanx chris-sd!!) and see if that makes a difference....

Comment

Originally posted by therealet23 View Post

My point being is that, no matter what product I use on my car, I cant get the swirls out.

The only thing I can do is make the car very shiny which is good from 5 foot away but in the sunlight, you can see the swirls despite the shiny paint.
              What year is the car?

Try some M105 with a rotary buffer and a wool pad to a small spot, like about 12" square section and see if you get any improvement to this small section. If this doesn't remove the swirls then the paint job could be past the point of no return.

Test Spot
              It's always a good idea to do a Test Spot and make sure your products and process of choice will make one small area look good before going over the entire car. If you can't make one small area look good you wont' be able to make the entire car look good.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                What year is the car?

Try some M105 with a rotary buffer and a wool pad to a small spot, like about 12" square section and see if you get any improvement to this small section. If this doesn't remove the swirls then the paint job could be past the point of no return.

The car is a 1995....

Yeah I am definitely going to get some 105 and wool pad and see what I can do....

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');