• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam

Does anyone use steam to clean the engine bay?
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Re: Steam

heard of it but never had any experience on this. for me, warm water (for built-up grease) usually does the trick or warming up the engine just enough to still be able to touch the metal parts.

.02 hth.
    But that's just me. Hope that helped though...

Comment

Steam is great at removing all types of contamination.Not just the engine bay,but underneath your car.This is especially true if you live in an area where they put a lot of salt grit on the roads in the winter.

You have to be a bit more carefull when doing the engine bay.Make sure you shield your alternator from the steam and other electrics.Steam creeps into lots of areas that water would just run off.

It does help a lot,at removing dirt in a lot of places that you can't reach.

I'm thinking of buying one of these.I used to do it at my work for free ha-ha.

Comment

i have just started using steam on interiors and it works wonders...carpets , matts , leather,cloth seats and especialy in tight areas ...its a wonder i did without one so long...
        RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');