• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Great 9 Wax Shoot Out!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Great 9 Wax Shoot Out!

Chris,

Thanks for posting in this thread (I was just reading it yesterday) and I plan to update it after this weekend. I've said this about a million times, but I plan to shoot some video of the protection. I'm at 10 weeks with my test, so now will be a good chance to evaluate longevity.
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
      THE TOUCH TEST:

9. Victoria's Wax Concours Red: 2 -> Anyone have an explanation for this? Sorry, but compared to the rest, it's just has a lousy feel.
      I am sorry for not seeing this request before now. I can tell from what you have explained that you did not see the simple instructions that came attached to the jar of wax and also did not see the 'For Best Results' sheet that accompanies each wax we send out. For myself, I would not want to or even have the time to wax a car's finish the way you have explained. Victoria Concours Wax has a slight learning curve which is very simple to overcome. You can request the information by e-mail from us direct or any of the Dealers and Distributors that carry the product.

Comment

OP,

It's been months since you posted this review. I haven't read every single message in this thread but have you tried to determine (lately) which product has endured or lasted the longest. I just bought/used some NXT and it did indeed go on and come off like you stated. The exterior of my WHITE Lexus looks amazing ... but I wonder how long the protection will last ans how it compares to the other products you tested?

Comment

Originally posted by David Wyllie View Post
          For myself, I would not want to or even have the time to wax a car's finish the way you have explained.
          Hi David,

Since this is your first post to our forum, allow me to welcome you.

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

As you already know as the owner of Victoria Wax that anytime you have enthusiasts testing waxes you're going to get all kinds of results because of all the factors involved, some correct and accurate, sometimes way off base. That's the nature of wax tests. This is one of the reasons I use the Sig Line at the bottom of all my posts.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I am sorry for not seeing this request before now. I can tell from what you have explained that you did not see the simple instructions that came attached to the jar of wax and also did not see the 'For Best Results' sheet that accompanies each wax we send out. For myself, I would not want to or even have the time to wax a car's finish the way you have explained. Victoria Concours Wax has a slight learning curve which is very simple to overcome. You can request the information by e-mail from us direct or any of the Dealers and Distributors that carry the product.
            Hey David. You're right, I did not see the "simple instructions" because if you read my original post, Victoria Wax was sent to me by another member. No packaging, so I used it the same way I would apply any other wax.

There might be super secret special ways to apply certain waxes (although I doubt it), but if you read through this thread, you'll come across a post where I tell someone "dude, I just want to wax my car". You'll see that that phrase kind of caught on, for its simplicity. As most know, I'm not a pro, heck, I might not even be that good as a hack, but I do enjoy detailing my car. The Victoria wax was dead last in my test and I'm sorry if it's a product you like. I just didn't find it very good, but I am far from an authority.

Comment

Originally posted by dud View Post
              OP,
              It's been months since you posted this review. I haven't read every single message in this thread but have you tried to determine (lately) which product has endured or lasted the longest. I just bought/used some NXT and it did indeed go on and come off like you stated. The exterior of my WHITE Lexus looks amazing ... but I wonder how long the protection will last ans how it compares to the other products you tested?
              I also have a White Lexus and Mike Phillips has made me a believer in "if it looks good on black, it looks good on anything" philosophy. So, on my white lex, as well as the silver CR-V, NXT 2.0 looks as good as anything I've tried. Not saying better (on my cars), but as good.

As for longevity...

I found a couple really dropped off kind of quick. Victoria Wax Concours Red was the fastest by a mile. The others kind of hung around for about the same amount of time. If I had to guess, I might have gotten a week or two more out of the NXT 2.0, Collinite and Klasse products, based on beading (not that beading is the end all of all tests). I noticed those three areas with significant beading at the 3 month mark but have not been able to do much follow up as I am in the process of moving and have been ultra busy.

Comment

I am the one that sent in the sample of Victoria Concours Wax.

Here are the directions:
                "Apply wax to clean surface using finger tips and palms of hands. Apply thinly and buff wax before it dries completely. The use of a wax applicator is optional. For sensitive skin or pre-existing skin conditions use protective gloves. For information phone * *** *** ****"

The company I bought the product from is located in Hawaii and did not send me any directions. Also, I have followed the directions on their site with the same luck.

My PM box is always open.
                Chris
                Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
                  I am the one that sent in the sample of Victoria Concours Wax.

Here are the directions:
                  "Apply wax to clean surface using finger tips and palms of hands. Apply thinly and buff wax before it dries completely. The use of a wax applicator is optional. For sensitive skin or pre-existing skin conditions use protective gloves. For information phone * *** *** ****"

The company I bought the product from is located in Hawaii and did not send me any directions. Also, I have followed the directions on their site with the same luck.

My PM box is always open.
                  Well, Chris is certainly a lot better at this stuff than I am, but has come to similar conclusions + the directions are pretty much what I did (except not with my hands - I used a clean terry applicator).

It's just that my hands are so silky soft and smooth and I couldn't risk letting a foreign substance diminish my love touch.

And you guys thought you'd never read "silky smooth hands" and car detailing in the same sentence.

Comment

Learning new things everyday

Comment

• Re: The Great 9 Wax Shoot Out!

Let me say hi, please send the product back if both of you are having the same problems. I did ask for your help on one of the other forums that you posted your findings on. Please don't read more into my posts than just trying to find an answer. We work with and help solve many problems because our products need extra help just because of our selection of raw materials that we use.

Comment

Let me say hi, please send the product back if both of you are having the same problems. I did ask for your help on one of the other forums that you posted your findings on. Please don't read more into my posts than just trying to find an answer. We work with and help solve many problems because our products need extra help just because of our selection of raw materials that we use.
                        I didn't post any of my findings on another forum (although I did provide one link here at one other forum) so I'm not sure if that was directed at me or someone else.

As I said originally, I would have nothing to send back as I was given a sample by PorscheGuy. He's a pro and was kind enough to send me the goods. I just wasn't fond of it, not for feel or longevity. In fact, given the price of the stuff, I was quite amazed at how poorly it performed.

Comment

Based on several internet reviews of Victoria Concours Red (see, e.g., Dave KG's review at Detailer's World), I have asked Santa to gift me a jar of Victoria Red for Christmas. I really would like to compare on my black Luthien a boutique wax like VCR against M26. Hopefully I'll have much better luck with it than my friend 3Fitty.

I know that application by foam applicator is superior to hand application; but I have to try it just once. Maybe the bond between Luthien and me will get even deeper. Nothing like a massage to win a woman's heart.

I also confess that one day I'd like to try Pinnacle Souveran, too. Does that make me a heretic?

Cheers,
                          Al
                          Last edited by akimel; Nov 13, 2008, 06:16 AM.
                          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                          --Al Kimel

Comment

Let me say hi, please send the product back if both of you are having the same problems. I did ask for your help on one of the other forums that you posted your findings on.
                            Hi David,

First of all, I appologize for not seeing your post on Autopia (I'm not on there often enough to catch everything.)

I'll be sending you an email shortly.

Thanks,
                            Chris
                            Chris
                            Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                              I also confess that one day I'd like to try Pinnacle Souveran, too. Does that make me a heretic?

Cheers,
                              Al
                              Al,

I think it makes you smart. I'm all for trying things, because it satisfies human nature. One of the big reasons I did this test was to see if certain items lived up to internet claims.

I came away from this test still loving my NXT 2.0 but also really liking Collinite 845. In my infinite wisdom I went out and bought Collinite 476s and have not liked it NEARLY as much as 845. So, from these facts you can probably derived that I do not like paste waxes in comparison to liquids. Call it inexperience, call it laziness... who knows.

I WISH I had Souveran and Super Natural to try for this test because I read a lot of internet hype about them both. Maybe it's warranted, maybe it is not, but you'll never know until you try.

Also, I think I have been pretty clear in this thread and for the guys who know me, I don't claim to be any kind of authority on this stuff. I'm just a shmuckie guy who enjoys auto detailing.

Comment

@3Fitty: First off, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this test. I always enjoy these real world experiments. However, I am mystified at some of the criticisms of your test. Never in this post did you state you were an wax expert, rather just an enthusiast that likes to experiment ( I do the same even though I have my standbys.). In reality, anyone who details has his or her favorite wax/sealant. They may come to this conclusion based on ease of use of the product, value, longevity, gloss and a variety of other factors. So, you will never please everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');