• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Great 9 Wax Shoot Out!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Great 9 Wax Shoot Out!

The 3 fastest ways to get into a flame war on a discussion forum is to bring up one of these topics,
    • Politics
    • Religion
    • Car Wax
    Yeah it seems silly but it's true. (Seems to only happen between the male segment of our population, not the female segment)

When sitting behind a computer monitor, guys will have a tendency to say or type things on a public forum that they would never say if there were in nose-punching distance of the other participants. Being of veteran of multiple wax wars since Al Gore invented the Internet... here's some insights from the battlefield...

When it comes to discussing whose wax is best, it almost always evolves into a heated argument in which even if you win... you lose... In other words, nobody wins. In most cases friendships are soiled... if not lost...

As human beings, were all too very, very different to ever agree unanimously on anything, if this weren't the case you would all see things my way and we would all be driving full convertible Blazers and Jimmy's which I can prove without a shadow of a doubt are the best mode of transportation for everyone's needs.

So while it may be fun, while it may be interesting and like a moth attracted to fire it may be unavoidable, wax testing, or wax comparisons almost always never come to anything good.

That's why on this forum EVERY TIME a thread on this topic pops up, behind the scenes all the Moderators are sent an e-mail alerting each person to keep an eye on the thread and be ready to close it in an effort to maintain civility on the forum and peace between normally really nice people.

Now... back to the testing!

(Like anything I ever say on this topic would have any effect)

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
      Al,

I think it makes you smart. I'm all for trying things, because it satisfies human nature. One of the big reasons I did this test was to see if certain items lived up to internet claims.

I came away from this test still loving my NXT 2.0 but also really liking Collinite 845. In my infinite wisdom I went out and bought Collinite 476s and have not liked it NEARLY as much as 845. So, from these facts you can probably derived that I do not like paste waxes in comparison to liquids. Call it inexperience, call it laziness... who knows.

I WISH I had Souveran and Super Natural to try for this test because I read a lot of internet hype about them both. Maybe it's warranted, maybe it is not, but you'll never know until you try.

Also, I think I have been pretty clear in this thread and for the guys who know me, I don't claim to be any kind of authority on this stuff. I'm just a shmuckie guy who enjoys auto detailing.
      I have used A good bit of Pinnacle Souveran paste wax and I have two jars of it sitting on the shelf right now.
      PS is a very high quality wax that looks awesome on Black but in my opinion it is not really worth the 90 bucks for a small jar like it comes in.
      Since prep is 90 percent on a car that has proper prep you would most likely not be able to tell a side by side comparison between PS and NXT 2.0.
      The big difference is in price.
      Black Bart

Comment

Originally posted by new2detailing View Post
        @3Fitty: First off, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this test. I always enjoy these real world experiments. However, I am mystified at some of the criticisms of your test. Never in this post did you state you were an wax expert, rather just an enthusiast that likes to experiment ( I do the same even though I have my standbys.). In reality, anyone who details has his or her favorite wax/sealant. They may come to this conclusion based on ease of use of the product, value, longevity, gloss and a variety of other factors. So, you will never please everyone.
        Thanks bro! I guess that has kind of been my point all along. I would consider myself "the average enthusiast" and as such I want a good product that is easy to use and works as advertised. In that regard, NXT 2.0 gives ME exactly what I want.
        ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
          I have used A good bit of Pinnacle Souveran paste wax and I have two jars of it sitting on the shelf right now.
          PS is a very high quality wax that looks awesome on Black but in my opinion it is not really worth the 90 bucks for a small jar like it comes in.
          Since prep is 90 percent on a car that has proper prep you would most likely not be able to tell a side by side comparison between PS and NXT 2.0.
          The big difference is in price.
          I think that is a common thing I hear from most guys who use expensive boutique waxes. I know Rasky recently tried Supernatural and liked it but if I can remember his conclusion was that it wasn't necessarily worth the hefty price tag.

With Victoria Concours Red (in particular), I wouldn't (however) give it that much credit. Based on my test, it 1) didn't look any better, 2) felt worse than others and 3) lasted the shortest. As far as I'm concerned, with the price tag it carries, that is a clear case of three strikes and you're out.

Comment

Hi 3Fiffy

I accept your findings that Victoria Wax came last in all your categories, I wouldn't have expected any different. I guess that I misread that you requested help and explanations because of the poor results.

Comment

Originally posted by David Wyllie View Post
              Hi 3Fiffy

I accept your findings that Victoria Wax came last in all your categories, I wouldn't have expected any different. I guess that I misread that you requested help and explanations because of the poor results.
              I am very open to the possibility that others might find differently but was simply posting what I saw. To be honest, I never even heard of Victoria Wax before PG sent it to me. I had to research it online to find the price.

Comment

Ive always had the impression that NXT was kind of expensive, this shot that theory down! It is truly an amazing value, and is actually really reasonable!

BTW< thanks for the great review!

-Nick
                Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Besides using M26, I also use Collinite 845 and it's definitely easy to apply and remove. In additon, collinite provides awesome durability and shine.

Comment

Interesting thread, but you fellows have to try #16 if you can get your hands on it. I bet it would be your favorite, 3Fitty.(see you at the bar)

Comment

Anyone try the Wolfgang Deep Gloss 3.0?
                      AeroCleanse, LLC
                      Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                        Anyone try the Wolfgang Deep Gloss 3.0?
                        I have.
                        Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

I have also tried Wolfgang 3.0.

Andy M.
                          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

So what do you make of Wolfgang Deep Gloss 3.0?
                            AeroCleanse, LLC
                            Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                            www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                              if this weren't the case you would all see things my way and we would all be driving full convertible Blazers and Jimmy's which I can prove without a shadow of a doubt are the best mode of transportation for everyone's needs.
                              Man that would be pretty hilarious if everybody had your exact truck. It just painted a funny picture in my head.
                              -HealthyCivic
                              Check out the glossary

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                                So what do you make of Wolfgang Deep Gloss 3.0?
                                It was easy to use and leaves a slicker feel to the paint than any other wax I've used. Not sure I like the look as much though...still trying it out.
                                Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');