• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Clear Coat vs. NXT 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Clear Coat vs. NXT 2.0

I did a search but still didn't find the answer I was looking for.

I have stock paint on my truck. It's the GM blue metalic, with the grey trim. I'm pretty sure it comes with a Clear Coat. As I'm new to detailing, I'm finding it hard to choose my products. I read that ALL of Meguiar's wax's are ok for clear coat, but I wonder why the gold class clear coat is called that?

What is the difference between the gold class clear coat and the NXT 2.0 in terms of clear coat performance??

Thanks

Re: Gold Class Clear Coat vs. NXT 2.0

Both are suitable for clear coats. GC is a high quality wax and NXT 2.0 is an advanced synthetic blend that goes on/off easily and leaves a long lasting shine. It really is a matter of personal taste.

Comment

Sometimes the best thing to do is to buy them both, KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS, then try them both and decide which one you like best and return the one that does not satisfy you.

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I like the look of NXT over Gold Class on Metallic paints. I think NXT makes the metal flakes pop more. But as Mike said, both are great (I have and use both in my collection). I personally wouldn't buy both and return one.....I would buy both and use both. After a while it's fun to change the look up a little. Keeps things fresh and different!
        Jason

Comment

I have both and can't get around to trying the GC, because the NXT is too good!!!! One day...
          ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

I used Gold Class for years before switching the the Pro and Detailer Line and I always liked it. I personelly feel that Gold Class gave a nicer, deeper shine then NXT but it doesn't last nearly as long.

Comment

I agree, I like Gold Class but the newer waxes are great too!

Too many choices, I use it time to time so it doesn't feel left out
              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

The Gold Class is what hooked me on Meguiars. I like the wax a lot.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

good day guys, im new in this forum. and very interested to learn a lot of things about detailing. i bought a gold class paste wax and i would like to ask if its ok to use it in a pearl white mica finish? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by elyb View Post
                    good day guys, im new in this forum. and very interested to learn a lot of things about detailing. i bought a gold class paste wax and i would like to ask if its ok to use it in a pearl white mica finish? thanks
                    Of course!

Our automotive waxes can be used on any type of automotive paint.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

gold class is a more deeper gloss look

NXT is a more clear reflection look

since your car is blue, i'd try gold class because it will make your blue look darker and richer

Comment

What's good for a bright red paint (non-metallic)? Thanks.

Comment

The best thing to do is try a couple and see what looks better to you. I personally like #21 or NXT on any color. #26 will add a little warmth to the color if that's what you are after.
                          Jason

Comment

i know nxt lasts 3-6months, how long does gold class last

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');