• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior Plastics - Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Plastics - Suggestions?

Hi

I have a newish car, which I just keep dust free inside by using the quick interior detailer, or the wipes with the same product.

However, on some central console area, there is an area where the plastic looks a little off and a little scratch, came this way from the dealer.

Anything better I could try on this area? Would the NXT gen tech protectant help? Does a product like that leave a greasy residue though?

Any other suggestions? It's just a nice looking matte black plastic. Everything else I like how the interior detailer works, but on this, I think it might need something else.

Re: Interior Plastics - Suggestions?

Picture?

Comment

Yeah, not all dashboards, etc are perfectly uniform.

I like the Nxt Tech Protectant, though some find it more glossy than they like. Using a dressing like this, or the Natural Shine, or other dressings may make it more uniform.

I would probably try giving a good wipe down with APC, then apply your dreesing, let it sit for 5 minutes or so, then wipe off excess. I dont find it to be greasy at all after doing this.

Remember though that the dressing will make the dash look different, so you will likey have to apply it to the other interior vinyl/plastic as well.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

#40 is my favorite dressing. I use it on exterior trim, tires, and interior. It leaves a great matte finish.
        Jason

Comment

I like #40 also. I apply it the same as Murr. Apply it . Let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then I come back and remove any excess. Really great stuff. I like the scent also.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

I'm going to order #40 or Natural Shine before the day is over.

Any final suggestions on which to try first, or what to base my decision on?

Comment

Sorry, another follow-up:

I didn't want to wait, so I went ahead and applied Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber/Plastic protectant. Is this a significantly inferior product compared to Natural Shine and #40?

I think it went ok. I'll have to see it in the sun later, but so far it just added the slightest bit of darkness to my black dash and black on the door panels. Nothing too dramatic. I did wipe it off, after applying, as I know I prefer to do that.

Anyone know how Natural Shine and #40 compares to this Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber protectant? Thanks.

Comment

I use #40 on my interior, dash, door panels, console and A pillars.

Comment

Originally posted by mb911 View Post

I didn't want to wait, so I went ahead and applied Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber/Plastic protectant. Is this a significantly inferior product compared to Natural Shine and #40?
                  Wouldn't say its inferior . Some might dislike the scent of #40 and prefer GC and/or N.Shine. Secondly these products are manufactured for different users/markets. At last, use the ones that works the best for you Cant go wrong with any of the 3 products used.
                  Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by jmakado View Post
                    #40 is my favorite dressing. I use it on exterior trim, tires, and interior. It leaves a great matte finish.
                    I love #40!

Comment

I really love Hyper Dressing. You can dilute it to the gloss that you prefer. I used it on my dash and it lasted quite a long time, I was really impressed.

Comment

i have a cadillac deville with wood trim..well actually plastic. i used nxt 2.0 on it and it came out awesome, dark rich glossy and slick!

Comment

Its not inferior. It comes down to your personal preference. They are all good products. I really like #40.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by mb911 View Post

Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber Protectant is a thicker product than the M40 and doesn't provide as much cleaning ability. It's a great formula for vinyl in excellent shape, if the vinyl is dirty or has a build-up of grime then you may want to pre-clean with M39 or use M40

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by CAShine View Post
                              I really love Hyper Dressing. You can dilute it to the gloss that you prefer. I used it on my dash and it lasted quite a long time, I was really impressed.
                              what dilution rate did you use for HD? 10:1 or higher?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');