• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

polymer sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polymer sealant

guys,

can you help me in using this product and what benefits i can from it. Thanks.
    TEAMMEGUIARS CAR CARE CENTER
    Locations :Bonifacio Global City and Imus-K21
    Tel. No. 63-2-8160821
    Handphone 63-917-8213920

Hi teammgwrs

#20 is a Polymer Sealant with a light amount of chemical cleaners. It is intended for use on finishes in good to excellent condition. If you are applying to a neglected finish, you should use a paint cleaner like Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner, Deep Crystal Step One Paint Cleaner, or Meguiar's Clear Coat Body Scrub, or ScratchX first.

Work in thoroughly, allow to dry for 10-15 minutes, and then remove with either a clean, soft 100% cotton terry cloth towel, or microfiber polishing cloth.

#20 isa awesome product, lasts a long time and delivers a slick, high shine surface. Most people like how easy it wipes off.

Check out the results Superior Shine achieved with #20 on this thread,

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...=&threadid=253

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

NOOB question but is this the same as a wax like NXT? Would I use it after a coat of wax or before?

Comment

mike,

thanks for your reply....just want to ask can i just remove the polymer sealant with a buffing machine with W-8000 Polishing Pad?
        Tel. No. 63-2-8160821
        Handphone 63-917-8213920

Comment

Originally posted by mike_c70
          NOOB question but is this the same as a wax like NXT? Would I use it after a coat of wax or before?
          #20 Polymer Sealant is a paint protectant, it is a type of wax. After you clean and polish your car's finish, you would apply a paint protectant. Waxes are paint protectants,#20 Polymer Sealant is a type of wax.

If you have a new car, or paint that is in good to excellent condtion, then after washing your car, you could apply #20 Polymer Sealant.

To your question, "Would I use it after a coat of wax or before?"

The answer is neither. #20 is the coat of wax.

Hope this helps...

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

mike,

what pads should i use to remove the polymer sealant or I can just use the mf cloth...... how long should the polymer sealant stays on the car before i wipe it off.

thanks and more power
            Tel. No. 63-2-8160821
            Handphone 63-917-8213920

Comment

Originally posted by teammgwrs
              mike,

what pads should i use to remove the polymer sealant or I can just use the mf cloth...... how long should the polymer sealant stays on the car before i wipe it off.

thanks and more power
              Hi teammwrs,

To remove the #20 Polymer Sealant, use microfiber polishing cloths if you have them. #20 wipes off incredibly easy.

As far as curing/drying time goes...

10-15 minutes is standard. When I use #20 Polymer Sealant, I apply to the entire car all at once. Then, by the time I have gone all the way around the car, 10-15 minutes have passed and I can begin removing it where I started when I applied it and continue removing it following my application path.

Hope this helps...

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

mike,

thanks for your help.
                Tel. No. 63-2-8160821