• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens when people find DIY info online with pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when people find DIY info online with pics!

The do things like this to their car for the first time lol!
    thanks to ScionLife this is what my car looked like for about an hour or so. -

Now all I have to do is get the 08 headlights and I will be done with this portion of my mods. I do want to get some fogs and upgrade them as well.

Re: What happens when people find DIY info online with pics!

Nice job installing the HID Kit

Comment

Cool.

(Jealous)

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

yeah i been wanting them for ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh some years but finally have a car i can mod and since it's a hot subject like (hondas and nissans) I had infor and suggestions on what to do. It was actually fun but I paid for it the next day since I didn't go to sleep again untl the next time 6pm the following day. I couldn't be late or miss work because of goofing around lol. And thanks!

Comment

Great upgrade. But thats only a kit right (bulb+ballast) ? Is there any shield on the bulb?

Reason being is that HID kits have excessive glare especially on a reflector setup. Hope the 08 headlights have projectors as this will at least tone down the excessive glare.

I've been playing with those things since 2005 and I've learned huge amounts of info from Hidplanet.

Tim
          Learning new things everyday

Comment

Are you going to install the 2008 tC Projector light housings?

Comment

Nice install. I put in the HID' into my fiances Accord man what a difference, they are great.

Comment

Yes the 08's have projectors and actually on my scion have a little be bit more glare compaired to my silver star ultras. I still want it right but seeing as my last silver stars went out this month and I had to pay my insurance I decided to get the lights this month and then the projectors next month. The projectors will also give me a lot more light on the road since it's not scatterd. I don't do night driving much since I work d uring the day and get off at 5. I did check to see if I had anyone flash and no one did lastn ight. I did get flashed with my sivler stars and even my brother told me the lights were bright driving behind him so I'm sure there is some glare but not enough to cause a wreck.

Comment

My lights have kind of a mean eye look have ever looked at a scion's headlight. It's a sweet design and I can tell a scion by the lights at night because the way the light is cut by the housing. I might get the eye lids anyway because of the look but the light housing is the first priority. I also kept my blue lights in case I did get more than 1 person flashing me. Thanks for the thoughts because if I didn't do research first I would have to check more into it.

Comment

Nice. Way to go.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by TimG View Post
                      Reason being is that HID kits have excessive glare especially on a reflector setup.
                      Here in Dominican Republic that's the thing people are doing, they even put it in the high beam place and that's the low beam light. It's all about blinding the person in front of you.....darn kids!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
                        Here in Dominican Republic that's the thing people are doing, they even put it in the high beam place and that's the low beam light. It's all about blinding the person in front of you.....darn kids!!!

Yeah. Same here. I'm not saying to ban HID kits, I just want them to be properly aligned and dont want the glare. Its too often that I come in contact with them users here and the glare is unbearable.
                        Learning new things everyday

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');