• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change polishing pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change polishing pads

If I am using m80 with a W-8006 pad on the DA, and its not removing the defects and I decide to go more aggressive with M83. Do I need to change the W-8006 pad first or can I use the same pad?
    Thanks

Re: Change polishing pads

Always change your pad. You don't want to cross contaminate products.

I have dedicated pad for products, mark with a sharpie, my wife rips me all the time LOL Even for my waxes (My favorite that is)

try to have at least 2 pads per car and clean the pads on the fly, especially with M83.
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
      Always change your pad. You don't want to cross contaminate products.

I have dedicated pad for products, mark with a sharpie, my wife rips me all the time LOL Even for my waxes (My favorite that is)

try to have at least 2 pads per car and clean the pads on the fly, especially with M83.
      Nappers on the money as always.

Comment

If you only have one, you could try washing it, but it isn't really recomended.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Like Nappers said, Never cross contaminate your pads. I also like to have separate pads even for the waxes.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

thank you everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
              ...my wife rips me all the time LOL Even for my waxes (My favorite that is)
              Yeah, I hate when they rip off the wax, it really stings... oh... um... er... nevermind.
              The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
              --VoicesInMyHead--
              0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');