• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durability Question - 20 vs NXT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durability Question - 20 vs NXT?

which one would be more durable as a LSP? Ive done vehicles w/ the 20 and they came out great but i personally think the 20 last longer here in TX. The nxt i used on other vehicles didnt last as long. any suggestion from those who've used both.
    thanks

how are you judging this? water beading? if so that is not the only sign of wax working. we all are just stuck on the idea if it doesn't bead it isn't working.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Comment

im not judging it, im asking for an opinion! Beading doesnt mean anything to me. As far as my experiece goes the ease of cleaning, & shine, to me determines how i see the product. So this isnt a thread to question how i seeit its how do others see it so i can determine other methods of using these products.

Comment

It's not the kind of question that requires an opinion for an answer; one lasts longer than the other, and there's no other answer. What you're asking is like asking, "In your opinion, which is greater; 7, or 12?"

Mike has replied to the question many times by saying that the Meguiar's chemists say that the protectants in NXT last the longest of any Meguiar's product.

tOM
        As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
          It's not the kind of question that requires an opinion for an answer; one lasts longer than the other, and there's no other answer. What you're asking is like asking, "In your opinion, which is greater; 7, or 12?"

Mike has replied to the question many times by saying that the Meguiar's chemists say that the protectants in NXT last the longest of any Meguiar's product.

tOM
          I guess thats why you voice your opinion! But thanks for the answer thats what i was looking for not sarcasm. It seems like when you post a question you would probably expect someone's opinion not anything else, i guess i worded the ? wrong sorry.

Comment

you stated that you personally felt that #20 lasted longer...all I was asking is why did you feel that way? I was only trying to help and had no intentions of being anything but helpful. If you felt that the water beading statement was an attack, I said we, which would include myself.
            2019 GMC Sierra
            1500 AT4

Comment

OK sorry any how it just seemd like out of both cars i did 1 w/20 & 1 w/NXT the 20 seemed to glow longer after a couple washes. I usually pay attention to beading/sheeting during the 1st 2 washes even though its just surface tension i think a vehicle should at least bead/sheet through the 1st 2 hand washes. the nxt had a great shine but after the 1st wash it didnt bead/sheet water off and it was harder to wipe down as far as w/a mf towel. But i always have problems w/meguiars products but i think its just me cause no one else has this problem but im practicing.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Because there are so many different paint types, skill levels, maintenance habits, environmental and exposure variables, I find it hard to answer questions like this with concrete answers.

That said, here is something that surprised me the other day ago, the below is copied and pasted from a thread I was posting to on CorvetteForum,

Begin copy and paste from,

Can you Layer NXT?

As far as how long a wax will last goes, the above pictured Corvette looked pretty bad the first time I saw it, (the before photo), before we did the makeover on Joe's Corvette, Joe purchased some NXT Tech Wax and applied two coats with no prep work. A week later, he came by for something, I forgot what and showed me his results, I almost pulled my hair out! I needed some more before pictures that showed his Corvette looking like it did in the before picture, and that was horrible. To my dismay, it now looked pretty good.

I asked Joe to wash/scrub the Corvette down 2-3 times with Dawn dish soap before he brought it back for its makeover to try and remove the Tech Wax, he told me that when his dad saw what he was doing, (trying to make the paint look horrible again), he thought his son was nuts! To may dismay, even after a thorough Dawn wash, the finish still looked great.

In order to remove the wax, I scrubbed the hood down 4-6 times using some type of harsh solvent, followed by our All Purpose Cleaner, (which can be used for de-waxing), followed by 2-3 aggressive applications of glass cleaner. And when we were all done, and backed it out into the sun, it still looked pretty good, but we were able to get enough of it off to make the paint look like it did in the before shot.

Joe's Corvette with two coats of Tech Wax after being washed with Dawn. This photo has been cropped out of the original, and resized to 600 pixels wide.

Joe's Corvette after chemically scrubbing the finish with three different chemicals to remove what Dawn didn't.

(The below two photos are RAW photos. They have been cropped out of the original, but they have not been resized or altered in any way. These were taken with my Sony FD97 2.1 mega pixel camera because it's better at capturing cobweb-effect.

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by jays
                  OK sorry any how it just seemd like out of both cars i did 1 w/20 & 1 w/NXT the 20 seemed to glow longer after a couple washes. I usually pay attention to beading/sheeting during the 1st 2 washes even though its just surface tension i think a vehicle should at least bead/sheet through the 1st 2 hand washes. the nxt had a great shine but after the 1st wash it didnt bead/sheet water off and it was harder to wipe down as far as w/a mf towel. But i always have problems w/meguiars products but i think its just me cause no one else has this problem but im practicing.
                  Mosca has made this statement or something along the lines of the duriblilty of nxt being there at the cost of short term "great" looks (in ofther words that super shine drops off), thats why they made a booster wax to fill in the blanks, so you great look last with the great duribilty. I'm not qouting him so if I kind of screwed that up blame me, but is that along the lines of what your getting at?
                  2019 GMC Sierra
                  1500 AT4

Comment

I'm only guessing about the spray wax part, and reading between the lines of what gets said and what gets not said, but I'd venture that there's a lot of difficult chemistry going on here.

I think we're supposed to see the liquid and the spray as a system. NXT shines a while and protects a LONG while. The shine needs to be restored long before the protection does, and by buying the spray rather than the liquid, you only pay for the part you need, the shine part.

But, what do I know, right?

I returned to "home base" today, after a summer of trying other products I put a fresh coat of NXT on my car and it looks great. It's good to be back!

Tom
                    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Use what you think gives you the best result. Personally, I think the NXT has great durability. I drive my car approx. 90 miles a day and it is kept outside all year long. Check out my gallery. I have no complaints about the whole NXT line. Wax, Booster, or protectant, its all good for me, but in the end its up to you.

101impala
                      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');