• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Touch Spray Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Touch Spray Detailer

I have used Meguiars Last Touch Spray Detailer and although I am very satisfied with the showroom effect it has on my shine, I noticed that it leaves oily streaks on my truck. Has anyone else experienced this? Any answers? Thanks!

Re: Last Touch Spray Detailer

I noticed it will if I do not completely wipe it dry. Otherwise I have no problems with it. What ratio are you mixing it at?
    If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

I've experienced that in the past. Now I used it mixed just a bit stronger than 1:1 and it works great.
      Scott

Comment

I've been mixing my spray at 1:1 but i will try a little more water. Good tips, thanks!

Comment

It is oily because it is very high in lubricity. Last Touch is my go-to QD when I need to clean something off as I know it will protect the paint well.

I generally do not use it as my final step of cosmetic spray/QD, for that I use UQD.

It's a great one-two punch IMO.

Comment

I agree on that. You can say that again.

Comment

I have not noticed any streaking with Last Touch. Shake well and remove it seems to work for me.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Lumadar View Post
                It is oily because it is very high in lubricity. Last Touch is my go-to QD when I need to clean something off as I know it will protect the paint well.

I generally do not use it as my final step of cosmetic spray/QD, for that I use UQD.

That's how I use it. My Vette is also my daily driver, so it gets Last Touch 5 or 6 times a week, and I usually don't cut it and have no issues. On show and Cruise In days I top of with Synthetic Spray Detailer
                Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Lumadar View Post

I grabbed some UQD and it worked well for what I needed Last Touch for. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                    I have not noticed any streaking with Last Touch. Shake well and remove it seems to work for me.
                    Same here. I've been using it for a very long time and haven't had an issue yet on any color or any vehicle. Honestly, the only issues that I've every had with a QD was with UQD. Light streaking twice since I've been using it. No biggie though. I went over the area again with a quick spray and it was fine. Last Touch has always been very easy to use. Also, I always use it full strength when used as a QD. 1:1 for claying.

Comment

just a question, does last touch full strenght has the same lubricity as Final Inspection?

Comment

Just use UQD!!!
                        Matt

Comment

Originally posted by LewisLoafers View Post
                          I have used Meguiars Last Touch Spray Detailer and although I am very satisfied with the showroom effect it has on my shine, I noticed that it leaves oily streaks on my truck. Has anyone else experienced this? Any answers? Thanks!
                          I had used Last Touch in the past as an after wax touch up and when claying. I was using it full strength. It would leave a residue. When I learned about its lubricity I diluted it to 1:1 for claying and found that it worked well diluted. I now use Final Inspection or UQD as an after wax touch up. I get great results and no residue. It also made a difference when using microfiber.

Comment

Originally posted by glenndale View Post
                            just a question, does last touch full strenght has the same lubricity as Final Inspection?
                            I think that Last Touch has more lubricity than Final Inspection because of its use with claybar. Final Inspection is used for touch up and maintenance.

Comment

Has does the consumer Quick Detailer compare to those? I use UQD mainly, but where does QD fall in? Is it worst than Last Touch and Final Inspection, or just different?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');