• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sign of the times .........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign of the times .........

Found out today another detail shop (competition) closed it's doors...
    The high cost of fuel, materials and the sluggish economy put him under, the shop was well respected and offered great results, the owner has decided to go detail at local Ford dealership. I'm now the only ''REAL'' detail shop in 30 mile range of big cities..
    Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
    ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
    (269)650-2242

Re: Sign of the times .........

Good news for you

Comment

But a little bit scary.
      Heatgain (Gary)
      The Irate Magistrate
      Neutral & Detached

Comment

I'd say it's primarily due to the economy. Everybody that owns a business has been saying things have been down this last couple of years.

Comment

I know for my parents car business, it has been rather slow. Especially at the car auctions, the prices have really "bottomed out", as my dad likes to describe it....

Hopefully you can benefit greatly from being the only detailer though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sal329 View Post
            Good news for you
            SYDSTER

Comment

Sad for the other guy, You said he did great work. But it is good for you. Good luck.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Bummer he closed up. Hopefully he still posts on occasion...

Comment

Hey Joe,

Did he go to Holland, South Haven or there in Allegan? Just curious.
                  Michael

Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot. Are there any "big" cities anywhere near you and M89. LOL
                    Michael

Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see. - Schopenhauer

Comment

It is a shame to hear of a competitor quitting the business. In fact, competitors help each other by creating more awareness for a product/service. Any advertising (up to a point) helps create demand for the service.
                      Does he have a customer list it might let you look at?

I thought this was an interesting point of view (linky)
                      Marketing dollars spent during a down economy are far more powerful than similar dollars spent during good times, because each dollar represents a greater percentage of the overall marketing expenditure in your industry. While other companies drastically cut their expenditures, your consistency means that you stand out more in the minds of your target audiences. While other companies hack-and-slash their advertising budgets, you continue to show up in relevant media. This projects strength and stability in a way that supports any brand strategy. It provides valuable differentiation that will contribute to increasing sales more rapidly in the short term, and toward building your long-term branding success.
                      Rob
                      Rob A.
                      '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                      '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Originally posted by mcox View Post
                        Hey Joe,

Did he go to Holland, South Haven or there in Allegan? Just curious.
                        Plainwell.
                        Originally posted by mcox View Post
                        Oh yeah, I forgot. Are there any "big" cities anywhere near you and M89. LOL
                        Grand Rapids, K-zoo, Holland thats about it ...
                        Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
                        ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
                        (269)650-2242

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');