• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAM 970 - The first jet "Air Force One" detailed !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAM 970 - The first jet "Air Force One" detailed !!

For big jobs like the school bus fleet, does the city or school board put out a request for proposal for bids and detailers like yourself submit proposed bids? For jobs that big, I just can't see someone at the school board just flipping through the phone book or relying soley on a referral.

The process for the school district I am in is so exhaustive it is borderline rediculous. It takes almost as much work for contractors/service providers to complete the proposal process as it does to do the job itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Renny Doyle View Post
      Francis,

I am sure Pedro treated you right...he is a class act guy with a class act business!

Thanks for the input and support!!
      Actually I don't know him but I'm sure he's a great guy.
      He has express his true devotion and dedication for detailing, well he actually runs the business (has others doing the work) but you can't run it well with class if you don't know nothing about it and he has demonstrated it. People in DR have noticed it and it makes him different from others that have the business and really don't care about detailing

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
        Actually I don't know him but I'm sure he's a great guy.
        He has express his true devotion and dedication for detailing, well he actually runs the business (has others doing the work) but you can't run it well with class if you don't know nothing about it and he has demonstrated it. People in DR have noticed it and it makes him different from others that have the business and really don't care about detailing
        Actually i do the work for THOSE who can pay for it. Like you said in our previous email conversation, not everyone (locally) is willing to pay for a detail by someone with experience, dedication and devotion. They just dont see it. True i have people doing the simple jobs, and for the harder jobs I'll supervise.
        Now when it comes down to doing detailing jobs that can take up to 8 hours and demands dedication and the know how that ive acquired over the years and lately the training with Renny Doyle (My Mentor and Brother), those jobs i do my self and with great success thank GOD.

It's my job to educate the market on detailing and make them aware that detailing is as complicated and time consuming as painting a car or fixing an engine. Locally, clients fail to see the things that need to be taken into consideration in order to prep for a detail either interior or exterior. The correct chemicals, the pads, the paint thickness, the scratch depth shape or form, the type of materials on the interior and how to attack each problem they may have, the type of stain (organic or chemical) an so forth. Its all these things that sets detailers apart from Car Wash places. And this is the message I personally take the time to deliver to every single one of my clients not only so that they dont get ripped-off by other so called auto detail shops but so that they can understand what it is we as "Detailers" do. Its a great job, profession and i trully love and enjoy it.

Reeny, if you read this, you my bro.

and Joe, Im still laughing.

Regards

Pedro A. Rodriguez
        Selected Team Member of the Air Force One Detailing Team
        Autopia Detailing Revolution

Your Car Doesn't Define You, How you Take Care Of It DOES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AutopiaDR View Post
          Actually i do the work for THOSE who can pay for it.
          Pedro I didn't know you personally did job in Autopia! I know that you have experience and knowledge, well you have background but I thought that since you have Autopia you had converted yourself to one of the many so called Detailing Centers, but I'm glad that you still do some work.

Since you have more contact with people, make emphasis on those that you know can pay, we have lots of awesome cars in this little piece of land that you can maybe show them what a true detailer is all about and continue having success in what you do.

Are market is different from other country, mobile detailers, true professional have no market what so ever here but we can change the way of thinking, once we do I'll bet we'll have lots of work!!!

Maybe I'll go by Autopia this weekend

Comment

Oh and I forgot, welcome to Meguiar's Online! I guess you are the third person from Santo Domingo joining

Comment

Pedroooooooo - tu tranquilo !!!!

Todavía estoy esperando mi invitación para ir al DR!!
              Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                  Pedroooooooo - tu tranquilo !!!!

Hey mi amigo mejicubanolosangelenseviralata. Sabes que no te tengo que invitar guey, no mames.

On a more serious note, hows business, what are you up to? good to know ur around

Your Car Doesn't Define You, How you Take Care Of It DOES!!!

Comment

Business is always good!
                    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Hey...its a reunion! How are all of you? I hope well! You guys heading to SEMA?
                      Renny Doyle
                      Attention To Details
                      "Detailers of Air Force One"
                      www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Nexy up: Space Shuttle?...>.<

great work, and It must feel amazing to be able to say, you shined air force one.

Comment

Hey Superior, I heard they were pushing to get an old NASA space shuttle @ the museum, you better be shinning that!
                          "Every moment frontin and maxin
                          Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
                          "

Comment

I never seen this one.

Great work Joe!

Is there anything you havn't polished.

Comment

^^ me too I never saw this post before. Great Work!

Comment

Originally posted by Renny Doyle View Post
                                Hey...its a reunion! How are all of you? I hope well! You guys heading to SEMA?
                                Still a little unsure about SEMA.

Would love to go if I can get away.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');