• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I sold my 97 Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I sold my 97 Mustang GT

I sold it. I am going to be sad to see it drive down my driveway and never see it again. The guy is supposed to bring me the money tommorow. He said it was the nicest and most well kept out of all the mustang GT's he drove. He said it looks better in person than it did in the photos.
    Alex
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Re: Well I sold my 97 Mustang GT

Hope he takes care of it, I know it is hard to see a car you love go on to another person. Kinda feels like a breakup?

Anyway, you still have the Mach. Any new mods or additions to it?

Comment

Congrats on the sale! I'll bet that money will help out a bit!

Comment

I understand how you feel. Lets just hope the new owner takes care of it as well as you have. Congrats.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

That money is a tremendous help. Plus it made room in our garage. I can move all the motorcycles to the empty space away from my Mach. I will be sad to see it go, The main thing I liked about it was it sounded awesome because of the ultra rare Blue Streak Glass packs. The last those were made were in the late 1970's and early 80's. I wish I could keep the exhuast. The guy sold his corrola and wanted a better car so he bought my Mustang. Kind of funny to see he sold a economy car and bought my a sports car.
          Alex
          1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Tell him you'll cut him a deal on detailing it once a month!
            The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
            --VoicesInMyHead--
            0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

You know that is a great Idea. I will do that.
              Alex
              1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Today i saw my 97 GT drive down the drive way for the last time. I was very upset. I talked to the guy he is 22 and it is his first car. Yikes. so I told him all about the megs products I use and he works at a car wash / detail place. I thought it was Ironic. he said he is planning on keeping it in the condition he bought it in from me. So he is going to be buying some megs products like NXT 2.0. I told him also not to wash it with dish soap because what it would do to the wax. His plan is to detail it once a month. Hopefully he keeps to his plan.
                Alex
                1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

hopefully.

But, you got to let her go too and tend to your new car or it will get jealous and not run good

Glad all is working out. That Mach 1 is a great car.
                  Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I feel your pain, I was sad to see my truck go back in March as it was my first car.

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                      hopefully.

But, you got to let her go too and tend to your new car or it will get jealous and not run good

Glad all is working out. That Mach 1 is a great car.

I have a funny story to tell. The day after I brought home the new Mustang the next day I go to drive my old Mustang and the funny thing was that the car was jealous and when I was driving it down the road and the check engine light came on. And I scaned it and nothing was wrong no codes the light just came on. I cleared it and it did not happen again. I thought it was funny because that old mustang must have known it was getting replaced and it was giving me a hard time.
                      Alex
                      1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Thats a great story. It sounds like the new owner will try to take care of her.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

The only reason why I still miss it is that it was my first Mustang I have ever owned. I bet down the road I will be saying when i am older why did I sell that car, Then i will probably go looking for a exact look a like and buy it. In the future.
                          Alex
                          1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

It is hard lettin go of your first Stang. I still miss mine, I had a 00 GT, I installed an 01 Cobra motor, SHM 300 stroker, SHM stage 1 heads, SHM Blower cams, Ported/Polished intake, Magnaflow X pipe, Steeda cat back, 3.73 gears, strange engineering 10 way adjustable shocks/strusts, bullet springs, bullet 18x9 and 18x10 deep dish wheels, 5% window tint, car was black on black, 3500 RPM stall converter, Lentech AODE strip terminator trans, trans brake, manual VB. Ahhh man Im gonna go cry

Comment

Wow that is a pretty wicked set up. I did tell the guy I named her Rachel.
                              Alex
                              1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');