• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT 2 and UQD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT 2 and UQD

How long after applying NXT 2 can you use UQD ? Some say right away and some say after a 12 hour cure. I also seen on You Tube that someone applied NXT 2 , let dry and then sprayed on UQD while wipeing off .Is this ok to do.

Re: NXT 2 and UQD

For best results, you would want to let the wax set up for the 12 hours before messing with it. That would include washing, QDing, etc.

Now, you can do things sooner, it isnt as if the wax is just going to fall off.

And I am sure you can remove the wax residue with a QD, but you are still messing with a wax that hasnt fully set up. Might not give best results, though you could try it and see if you like it. If the YouTube video guys were just trying to avoid streaks, they might want to consider applying thinner coats of wax, letting it dry fully, and removing it slowly.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I agree with Murr. To optimize your results, I would let the wax cure for as long as possible. After the 12 hour window then I would say your okay.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I always use a UQD or QD right after any wax or the next day depending how i fell that day to make sure i git all the wax off cause some could have stuck on paint from heat. Also it makes the car shiny and wet looking

Comment

It's one of those things where you can be as AR as you want to be or you can make the process as complicated as you want to make it.

Because I apply wax to our daily drivers often enough, that is before the previous coat of wax wears off, that I prefer to use the UQD afterwards to give the pair a final wipe after all the work steps are done.

Each person can figure out what's best for them and their car care goals.

The important thing is to dial in a system that works for you...

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here's a thread that is related in our Hot Topics fourm...

How much time to wait before applying a second coat of wax?

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I use it sometimes as I wipe off the wax. Other times I will not use it till the next day

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');