• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Degreaser Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Degreaser Q

Would Super Degreaser take out oil stains from concrete?
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Re: Super Degreaser Q

At least to some degree...

Depends upon how old the stains are and how deep they've penetrated into the concrete.

I've spilled oil and made dark black stains in the concrete at our house when removing old, greasy grimy car parts from cars and if they are removed quickly there's no trace.

But for oils stains that are years old you probably won't be able to clean the concrete so that no trace of the stain remains. You might, but you won't know till you try.

There's also concrete cleaning chemicals available and I've heard of bleaching concrete for a uniform appearance before as well as using a pressure washer with hot water and a chemical cleaner like a degreaser.

What are you working on?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

My brothers car had an oil leak, and he parked on the driveway, so there are oil drips in areas. Its been there maybe a month at most.
      AeroCleanse, LLC
      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

I've had really good luck using aerosol brake cleaner to blast the spots and then wipe with a cloth, repeat when necessary.

Brake Cleaner or Starting Fluid works pretty well for this... about $3.00 at any auto parts store.

Just don't breathe it in, get it on your skin or in your eyes... use common sense...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Does Super Degreaser foam up like APC or is it more like APC+ ?
          AeroCleanse, LLC
          www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

If you use a foaming sprayer head on your osha bottle it will foam up nicely. Let it dwell for a bit and you should see the white foam changing colors.

Andrew
            2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');