• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I put in the eibach springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I put in the eibach springs?

Originally posted by 03mach1 View Post
    I am not putting them on so I am just going to leave the car the way it is. Thanks for the help. I just don't want them to sit there in the box with out being used. I will just leave them off.
    Got ya! Just outlining the basics for Mustangs.

Originally posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
    I put H&R springs on my 06 IS350. It does ride a bit rougher..but it really isn't bad. Eibach is a top quality spring. They will give you better handling and not kill the ride..Most rides are killed by someone cutting stock springs which is really a bad idea and can be unsafe if not done correctly
    I have actually heard more people having good luck and a better ride cutting springs on the Mach 1's than going with Eibach springs. They just aren't good for Mustangs I guess.

Comment

This kid in my auto class cut the springs on his prelude on his own. so The next day he comes to class and he said one of the springs collapsed after cutting it. I guess he did not do it right? I got a good laugh out of it.
      Alex
      1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
      1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
      1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Probably not. I personally know someone who did it and only had a problem because he cut too much off. He put another set of factory springs back on after. I have seen about 1/2-1/4 coil on the front and 1/4-1/8 coil in the rear for the Mach 1's. I personally wouldn't do it on a car like that. You could always buy a couple sets of spring clamps...

Comment

Originally posted by 03mach1 View Post
          This kid in my auto class cut the springs on his prelude on his own. so The next day he comes to class and he said one of the springs collapsed after cutting it. I guess he did not do it right? I got a good laugh out of it.
          LOL.... high school......

Comment

Springs are dangerous if you do not know what you are doing. Thats why when this kid was cutting his springs and putting them back in the car I stayed away from his car just in case a spring would go flying because if he did not set the spring compressor right. I would probably not want to cut my springs. Now after reading on Eibach site and reading from your guys knowlege, That I should not tamper with my springs. The factory made my car that way for a reason.
            Thanks guys.
            Alex
            1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

I wouldn't let this thread discourage you from doing any suspension mods. You just have to take the time to make sure that 1. this is what you want to do because to do suspension mods correctly costs money and 2. you are going to be putting on products that work well and have a reputation for doing so, unlike Eibach springs on Mustangs.

I have the full Roush suspension kit, everything works excellent, and I wouldn't trade it for anything! I use it too if you know what I mean.

Comment

Thanks Tyler.
                Alex
                1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

CHeck out some of the mustang forums
                  www.corral.net
                  www.stannet.com
                  I had Bullitt springs on my 00 GT with Strange Engineering 10 way adjustable shocks and struts. It was about 3/4" lower then the GT stance, the ride was nice with the adjustables and 18x9 265/35r18 in front and 18x10 305/30r18 Nitto Drag radials out back.
                  I really would not hesitate to put the Eibach or H&R springs in, those are the 2 most popular in the mustang world.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');