• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grit Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grit Guard

Does anyone here use this, does it work.

I need new buckets but don't know if I should shell out the money for the entire kit or just the Guard's. Do I really need the guards if I use the 2 bucket method?

I watched a Mike Phillips video on how to wash a car and he said the best thing to use is the Real Wool Mitts. Is still the standard or are microfiber mitts the best now? Is the wool pad from ADS a real one or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks Again.
    Matt

Re: Grit Guard

FMPOV, the GG is great as you can use them to rub your mitts on them to loosen up the grits from tht mitt..

Here a quick link from Meguiars Malaysia on a quick review done on the GG:

Distributors of Professional and Consumer products from paint and interior care to tyre and wheel protectants for cars and boats....

(mods - do please remove if I violate any rules)

Even with the 2BM method, you still need the GG.

Hope this helps.

Tim
    Learning new things everyday

Comment

On the Video I saw featuring Mike Phillips, he highly recommended the grit guards. He used the 3 bucket method (one bucket for the wheels only) and a sheepskin mitt. At the end of the video he dumped the water and showed all the crud that came off the mitts during the car washing.

After watching that vid I purchased a couple of grit guards from ADS. Unfortunately, the buckets I bought from Pep Boys a couple of weeks prior turned out to be too small for the gg's to fit. Now I've got to buy new buckets. To bad because the Pep Boys buckets are a good fit under my workbench and just the right size for washing my cars.

Mike
      Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I found the grit guards on ADS.

Can someone give me the diameter of the GG's?
        Matt

Comment

Never mind.

Click Here
          The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
          --VoicesInMyHead--
          0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
            I found the grit guards on ADS.

Can someone give me the diameter of the GG's?
            10 7/8" Fit perfectly in a 5 gallon bucket like you can get at the big orange box (aka Home depot)

Comment

How to Wash Your Car (ShowCar style!)

And yes, they work and work great. At least get one for your rinse water bucket, if not one for both buckets.

Much like clay, I thought it was goofy at first....
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

dont waste your money on the 2 bucket system....today i was At Shopko and saw a crate on wheels that a 5 gallon bucket would fit into. the crate on wheels was $7.99 and also had a carriage deal that hung on the included bucket.
                if you look or build a dolly yourself i think you can save alot of money that could be better spent on meguiars products!!!!

Comment

I definitely don't need any dolly system. I am just a weekend warrior.

I just want to get the right buckets tomorrow. In that Video it looked like he used a lot of soap but, I didn't see any suds/bubbles. Didn't Mike say he likes NXT Wash better than the Gold class?

Thanks for the responses
                  Matt

Comment

Originally posted by miahjohn View Post
                    dont waste your money on the 2 bucket system....today i was At Shopko and saw a crate on wheels that a 5 gallon bucket would fit into. the crate on wheels was $7.99 and also had a carriage deal that hung on the included bucket.
                    if you look or build a dolly yourself i think you can save alot of money that could be better spent on meguiars products!!!!
                    I'm not quite sure I follow you correctly on this

The two bucket method is used because it is much safer and greatly reduces the chance of damaging your paint during the washing process. It absolutely WILL extend the intervals between necessary full corrections if utilized correctly.

That deal you mentioned sounds great- but I think most would agree the benefits from having 2 properly dedicated buckets is well worth the added cost.

Comment

I think he meant the two bucket dolly....
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I wouldn't spend money on buckets. Find a construction site or restaurant and ask for a couple. Just make sure you clean them thoroughly and you should be good... I used some old drywall buckets and my brother got some from a restaurant (had soy sauce).

Comment

Originally posted by TimG View Post
                          FMPOV, the GG is great as you can use them to rub your mitts on them to loosen up the grits from tht mitt..

Here a quick link from Meguiars Malaysia on a quick review done on the GG:

Distributors of Professional and Consumer products from paint and interior care to tyre and wheel protectants for cars and boats....

(mods - do please remove if I violate any rules)

Even with the 2BM method, you still need the GG.

Hope this helps.

Tim
                          That is a great review of the GG! My bucket usually has much, much more in it than that though, mine is like black water at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                            I think he meant the two bucket dolly....
                            Gotcha! My bad! haha

Comment

When I first heard about grit guards, I thought this is a joke. Turns out the joke was on me. They really work. I was amazed at how much grit was left behind at the bottom of the bucket. They do a great job. I recommend them highly.
                              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');