• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adhesive Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adhesive Removal

I have those deer alert devices on the front bumper of my car. They don't fit on the bumper very well but they do work for me. One of them finally fell off and there is a very sticky foam adhesive left on the bumper.

What is the best product to remove this adhesive-backed foam tape? It is very stubborn. Too bad it didn't stick as well to the alert device as it did to the bumper. I heard of a product call Goo Gone? Is it any good? Is there something better? The bumper is painted like the rest of the car.

I am switching to an electronic warning device that mounts behind the grille. It is supposed to work at all speeds and it looks better too.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Yes Goo Gone should take care of it. If you dont have any of that around, u could try some WD40 as I've heard that works with adhesives also. I've used Goo Gone and it definitely works.

Comment

I have had pretty good luck with WD40, and if worse comes to worse, you could also try smooth peanut butter. The oils in it soften the glue.
      Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
      08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
      98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
      82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

I'll second the Goo Gone recommendation.
        Later,
        Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
        Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Another wonderful product that can be utilized for adhesive removal as well as a road tar, road grime, and bubble gum removal is Body Solvent from Meguiar's D-Line.

I had the luck of being able to test this product out prior to it hitting the shelves when I was in Irvine back in April. I must say it worked better than anything I've ever utilized and the scent is a warm vanilla; it smells wonderful!

Give it a try!

RP
          -The Final Detail-
          Lagrange, Kentucky
          thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
          CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');