• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Rotary is best in .... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Rotary is best in .... ?

Hi guys !

Which rotary .... :

1.) ... is the most silent
    2.) ... is the best to handle
    3.) ... is the most lightweight
    4.) has the best features (why ?)
    5.) ... is the most reliable

There are :
    MAKITA
    FLEX 3403
    HITACHI SP18VA

I heard the HITACHI is the most silent and the FLEX the most leightweight. Is that true, or are there any other rotarys that are better ?

Why should anyone take a heavy MAKITA instead of a light FLEX ? Are there any things you can't do with a FLEX because it's so light ?

I need a rotary only for polishing my cars - getting out 2000grid sandingmarks, .... all should be possible to do easily - with my G110 polishing is a tortue. This machine is only for waxing and finishings.

Thanks for helping !

Bye !

Zauche

Re: Which Rotary is best in .... ?

Well, I really don't have much to contribute, but I just got my Makita and when I turned it on to test it I was very pleasantly surprised to see how quiet it was up to 1,800~ RPMS (As high as I would need to go).

I have a FLEX 3401 (Not the rotary, but similar) and it is louder on 480 RPMS (It's max speed) than the Makita at 1,800 RPMS. Again, this is an apples and oranges comparison...and I don't know which is *the* quietest, but the Makita definitely doesn't strike me as being too loud.

Comment

I can only speak for the Makita. I absolutely love mine. It's light, easy to handle at has lots of power. It's also smooth and quite. I give it two thumbs up. Again, I don't have experience with any other brand but I did do a ton of research before I bought my makita and it seems that just about everyone likes it.

Comment

You can't go wrong with a Makita! Some people have had their units for more than 10 years and still works like new and still delivers great results.
        SYDSTER

Comment

And which MAKITA is best ? - Is there only one model or are there more ?

WHAT is it's full name ?

Thanks !

Zauche

Comment

Makita 9227cx3

Order it from Coastaltool.com for an awesome price (best I've seen).

Comment

Originally posted by Lumadar View Post
              Makita 9227cx3

Order it from Coastaltool.com for an awesome price (best I've seen).
              That's were I bought mine a few years back. Great rotary. I don't use the wool pads that come with it but the backing plate is OK and the bag is nice.

Comment

What's the difference between "Makita 9227CX3" and "Makita 9227CB" ?

Is it only the handle or are there any other differences ?

Can you switch the handles ? (Which is best ?)

Thanks !

Zauche

Comment

Originally posted by zauche View Post
                  What's the difference between "Makita 9227CX3" and "Makita 9227CB" ?

Is it only the handle or are there any other differences ?

Can you switch the handles ? (Which is best ?)

Thanks !

Zauche

I beleive the difference is the 9227CX# (which I have) is the 110V kit while the 9117CB is just the rotary in 220V.

Comment

If it's any help, I'm using a Makita 9227C... and I like it. I can't compare it to your other choices though as I haven't seen them back home yet.

.02 hth.
                    But that's just me. Hope that helped though...

Comment

Originally posted by b2bomber View Post
                      If it's any help, I'm using a Makita 9227C... and I like it.

.02 hth.
                      Same here!
                      SYDSTER

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');