• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a Meguiar's "equivalent" to Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Liquid Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Meguiar's "equivalent" to Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Liquid Polish

I was at the British International Motorshow in London at the end of July and saw Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Liquid Polish. The literature says that it does not haze, will not leave white residue on plastic or rubber trim and can even be applied in direct sunlight and on hot surfaces without streaking. I usually use only Meguiar's products on my car but I had to try this Turtle Wax product based on what it was supposed to do. The results were excellent. My car is silver and was shining like a mirror. I usually use Cleaner Wax or Gold Glass Liquid Wax. The end result was very similar if not a little better but was achieved in significantly less time.

I would prefer to use the Meguiar's equivalent of this product if there is one.

Does any one foresee any long term problems with using this Turtle Wax product since it does things that polishes/waxes don't usually do?

Has any one else used it such that they can comment on the product?

Thanks for any feedback.
    Mac

Re: Is there a Meguiar's "equivalent" to Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Liquid Polish

How long will it last compared to the wax?

Comment

I think hi tech yellow wax is suppose dry clear.....not sure though....

I think ice was made to compete with the NXT line of products and some members have used it before.... I think someone used it as a trim dressing on his bumper since it dried clear and found that it washed off after a rain....

Comment

Since we are talking about Ice, I bought some before I really got into Meguiar's products, because I read and heard a lot of good things about it. I was wondering since I will be doing a little detailing on my truck before school starts, if you thought this process is okay.
        Wash
        Maybe Clay the paint is pretty good
        Use Ice Polish as a Polish
        Cleaner Wax
        NXT Tech Wax
        UQD when needed
        Joel
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
        '99 F-150

Comment

I'd say if it was such a good idea Meguiar's would have something like it, if they don't.

I'd say try it sometimes, perhaps when you have less time like you say, but try Meguiar's regularly too, it might just win you back, when you consider everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
            Since we are talking about Ice, I bought some before I really got into Meguiar's products, because I read and heard a lot of good things about it. I was wondering since I will be doing a little detailing on my truck before school starts, if you thought this process is okay.
            Wash
            Maybe Clay the paint is pretty good
            Use Ice Polish as a Polish
            Cleaner Wax
            NXT Tech Wax
            UQD when needed
            Usually polish is applied followed by wax but since cleaner wax containes some cleaner it might be better to use the ice after the cleaner wax but before the NXT wax, or to leave out the ice in this combo. I'm not sure how the meguiar's products will "mix" with the ice.
            Mac

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
              How long will it last compared to the wax?

I really can't give a precise time; I applied the ice yesterday and 2 weeks before that. Chances are that the Meguair's stuff will last longer but the super quick application time and ease of use makes it feasible to use at almost every wash. The one "bad" thing about the Ice is that you have to know where you are on a panel with it because you can't really see it during application. Its ease of use is comparable to a quick detailer.

I'm not pushing the product per se it's just that it can capture a market of people who are not as "car crazy" as us here on the forum and don't want to use the various products and just want quick and easy results. From a marketing/business perspective there should be no harm in capturing such a market.
              Mac

Comment

Ice is the only thing I've found to restore a luster or shine in cladding. It works great for that or removing wax from rubber seals. Plus you can use it in direct sunlight, etc...

I know a lot of guys use it for waxing their vehicles. I personally dont think it would do a good enough job of protecting the vehicle or last very long. It probably can be used as a quick detailer though. So even though they say it can be substituted for wax... I'll never use it that way.

Worked great on an avalanche I detailed though!!!! All that cladding, I wouldn't have known what else to use!

Comment

I started back in the detailing hobby with ICE. I bought both the polish and the QD. I found it works well on top of a well prepped car but it doesn't last. I graduated to NXT and #26 and now only use ICE as a topper from time to time for that ultimate shine since it is so easy to use. The QD is as good as any of the rest if not a bit better than most. It has a bit of clarified carnauba in it. It really shines quite well. In fact, my favorite is ICE QD topped with UQD. One heck of a shine...
                  2007 Toyota Yaris
                  2001 Volvo S60 T5
                  1981 Volvo GLT Turbo

Comment

I've used it and found it to be a good product for an "in between" wax job. I would certainly recommend it to those people that are not as "car crazy" as people on this forum are.

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86 View Post
                      I think hi tech yellow wax is suppose dry clear.....not sure though....

I think ice was made to compete with the NXT line of products and some members have used it before.... I think someone used it as a trim dressing on his bumper since it dried clear and found that it washed off after a rain....
                      I too think it's more to compete with NXT Tech Wax. I also heard that it doesn't last. I wouldn't try it but I'm a Meguiar's users.

Comment

Funny , that this was brought up. I recently used it on a 2007 Odyssey and my commuter 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage (bright red). I will say that the product works well and is easy to apply and remove (without streaking). I bought this because I was detailing the Odyssey (outside) and needed a LSP that could be applied/removed in the sun. I would agree with some of the other posts, in that while convenient it is best used as an "in between" wax (as I have my doubts of the durability). It is not a "polish" as it does not have any polishing agents rather an easily applied wax. I do tend to experiment with many different products, but tend to stay with the Meguiars line.

Comment

yes ICE is a good product well to me i really like the results,but i seem to really see a big difference when i apply two coats of ICE on my car

Comment

I can't believe a lot of you guys like the product? I mean, I'm not saying it good or bad. I just kind of assumed it would be junk. I guess I'm wrong. Maybe it's the Meguiar's that runs through my veins.

Comment

I'm pretty much a meguiars die hard myself. If techwax works the same on cladding and rubber, I'll gladly switch off of the ICE.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');