• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pontiac G8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontiac G8

Recently purchased a pontiac g8 and really like the car. Have noticed the inside of the exhaust pipes and the ends are starting to rust. I can only clean the tips but cant reach any further. Is this common? Any suggestion so the rust doesn't get on the stainless steel tips.

Re: Pontiac G8

they shouldnt be rusting already, if you cant get to it, there's not a whole lot you can do with the inside of the pipes, if it rusts, take it to the dealership and make a warranty claim

nice job purchasing the G8's, they are really awesome, lets see some pics

"if it aint broke, dont fix it, if it is, replace it with performance parts"
    2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac_g8 View Post
      Recently purchased a pontiac g8 and really like the car. Have noticed the inside of the exhaust pipes and the ends are starting to rust. I can only clean the tips but cant reach any further. Is this common? Any suggestion so the rust doesn't get on the stainless steel tips.
      I'm not sure about the Pontiac but I dealt with a car in the past that came with stainless tips welded on to a non-stainless exhaust system. Maybe that's what you have? I really wouldn't expect that on a new G8 but you never know.

Comment

Since this was your first post to MOL

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Originally posted by pontiac_g8 View Post
        Looks like you've received some great answers to your questions... we're going to move this thread to our Detailing 101 forum.

If you're unsure where to post a question, please post it to our Detailing 101 forum.

Thank you!

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Well, here are two pics of mine if your s are similar, I may have a couple more laying around.

I use the Multi-Piece or Aluminum Wheel wash on mine, then a couple times a year will clay and polish them with Nxt Metal Polysh or the Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum Polish. Might even use some bug and tar remover next time.

Before and After (With both sides washed)

From the side:
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');