• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scuffs, and how to remove them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scuffs, and how to remove them?

I just bought a used black Saturn Vue Redline and there are some slim long "scuff" marks on the paint. If I rub really hard with my thumb just over them they start to fade but it takes a lot of muscle. I'm not sure what I need to use to get them to come off. But I wanted to be careful since I am new when it comes to detailing so I don't put scratches everwhere.

Can a simple wax help buff those out?

Thank you very much!

Re: Scuffs, and how to remove them?

If you new, try a cleaner wax.
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

First off the only thing you need to be rubbing hard on the surface of your cars paint should be a paint cleaner and that's limited to no more then about 15lbs of pressure or so.

Next get the smooth surface clay kit and follow up with a application or two with some colorX which is a cleaner/wax and a great all in one product,but if the scuff is still there apply an application of scratchX and work in, then go ahead apply the colorX that will leave you with a great finish and shine and rid of the scuff marks.

How are you going to apply the products, by hand or dual action polisher?

Also check out the list o links and that will help you out more.
      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Thanks guys, actually I dont know. In the past I have only applied wax via a towel or that little sponge applicator. Then rubbed it off with a towel.

My main worry is trying something thats fairly safe if you are a newb at detailing as I don't want to make the situation worse!

Thanks for the help!

Comment

what part of missouri are you from?

Comment

I live in Wentzville

Comment

Originally posted by Taipans View Post

My main worry is trying something thats fairly safe if you are a newb at detailing as I don't want to make the situation worse!

Thanks for the help!
              As mentioned, a cleaner/wax may work and it's about as gentle as you can get.

Another option would be to use a paint cleaner, either of these should work and you can find them at about any auto parts store or a store like Target or Wal-Mart

Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
              ScratchX

Apply, work over the scuffed area till it's improved to your satisfaction and then wipe off and apply some wax as paint cleaners don't protect the paint, just remove defects and restore clarity.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');