• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need something to cheer me up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need something to cheer me up...

Sorry to hear that Ryan, if you need anything...you know i'm less than a mile away

Comment

Ryan, my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Ryan. You've been dealt some tough cards lately, but remember that these trials and tribulations help build a stronger person in the long run.

Comment

Hang in there man! Sorry to hear all of this news, but everything will get better all in due time!!!

Comment

I am very sorry to hear about your loss Ryan.

Take care of yourself and family,

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks guys, means a lot to my family and I!!

My school isn't letting me out of school and if I don't come they are threatening me by putting me on Senior Review. Senior Review means you are not allowed to miss school without a doctors note and if you do, they take away your privileges like Prom, walking at graduation and other senior activities.

Trust me, I am not one to miss school, I usually miss one or two days a year. This year just hasn't been good, between my eye and family issues and doctors appointments. Get this, I had to get a note from my emergency room doctor explaining why I wasn't in school!!!!!! It had to get approved from administration before they clear my absence for that day.

So bottom line is I can't go to the funeral because my school. I might fly out for the day and fly back, but it'll cost about $1000 to do that. My parents flew out this morning and aren't very happy with the school right now.

Thanks again guys,
              Ryan
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan L. View Post
                Thanks guys, means a lot to my family and I!!

My school isn't letting me out of school and if I don't come they are threatening me by putting me on Senior Review. Senior Review means you are not allowed to miss school without a doctors note and if you do, they take away your privileges like Prom, walking at graduation and other senior activities.

Trust me, I am not one to miss school, I usually miss one or two days a year. This year just hasn't been good, between my eye and family issues and doctors appointments. Get this, I had to get a note from my emergency room doctor explaining why I wasn't in school!!!!!! It had to get approved from administration before they clear my absence for that day.

So bottom line is I can't go to the funeral because my school. I might fly out for the day and fly back, but it'll cost about $1000 to do that. My parents flew out this morning and aren't very happy with the school right now.

Thanks again guys,
                Ryan
                Man, the SR admin is really really messed up. I had this same problem back when my grandpa passed away. They wouldnt let me out without a note even though I had only missed 3 days that year.

I still cant believe they wouldnt let you go.

Comment

Sorry to hear your grandpa passed Ryan. I know things are hard right now and thinking of him still hurts, but you'll see how in the near future your thoughts of him and the time you spent together will bring a smile to your face. I'll keep your family in my prayers.
                  Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Ryan, I haven't been on the forum for a week or so and just saw your post...man, you have my deepest sympathies...it's tough when you lose someone like that. My 17 year old son is a senior like you and I can't imagine them NOT letting him go to a funeral like that. Certainly isn't right. And like your dad, I too lost my job a year ago after 22 years...took me a while but I found something very similar with a much better atmosphere...you're dad will land on his feet somewhere to be sure....Like many have already said, make sure you step back, count your blessings and thank God for each and every day...life is too short, even at your young age, to not enjoy every minute...God bless you and your family.
                    Bill Poirier
                    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Ryan, I think that is awful, that the school will not let you attend the funeral. What is the logic. Best of luck to you my friend.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Strict school! Up here, you can miss almost any amount of school it seems as long as you are passing your classes! That does not sound fair and right by any means...

Comment

Ryan. I have not been on in a while. Sorry to hear about your loss.
                          Now your school is being unreasonable in this.
                          Can you appeal this?

Take care,

Kelly
                          MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');