• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M105 Works !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M105 Works !!

A while back I posted about scratches caused by a pin striper using a paper napkin to clean the area where he wanted to stripe. The scratches were pretty fine but really visible in the right light and viewing angle. I tried some ScratchX but it didn't work so I got some M105 per suggestions. I was a bit concerned about the pin stripes so I let them cure and set for most of August. Monday afternoon I washed my car, folded a small terry cloth towel into a pad, put some M105 on it and proceded to work on the scratches. I used only enough pressure to keep the pad in contact with the paint and actually worked right over the stripes. I worked in small areas about 2 feet long and wiped off the residue immediately before it dried. Thankfully it didn't damage the striping and all the scratches disappeared completely. I followed up with paint polish and wax and now I have some nice pin stripes and no scratches. Thanks Meguiar's !!!!

Re: M105 Works !!

105 works very well when used correctly!
    If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

I'm happy to hear about your great results with M105. I finally placed my order today and ordered a bottle. I just got the sample to try but I'm thinking that I should have done with a quart. Anyway, I can't wait to give it a shot.

Comment

Hey glad that worked out!

Comment

M105 is definitely a great product. I'm going onto my 2nd quart.
          Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
          www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
          Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Glad it worked so well for you.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

wow, you didn't even have to "work it with passion?"

Thats some great stuff. Can't wait for my ADS order to get it... I have some marring I was unable to remove with 83 when I took off my door ding strips. No one can see them but me... but we all know how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by VonLego View Post
                wow, you didn't even have to "work it with passion?"

Thats some great stuff. Can't wait for my ADS order to get it... I have some marring I was unable to remove with 83 when I took off my door ding strips. No one can see them but me... but we all know how that goes.
                I was rubbing very lightly because I didn't want to mess up the pin stripes. I was kind of surprised too when the scratches went away so easily.

Comment

OMG u mean u dont need to add passion, just wipe on and wipe off and the scratch and swirls went off?

Comment

Originally posted by superbogel View Post
                    OMG u mean u dont need to add passion, just wipe on and wipe off and the scratch and swirls went off?
                    While I have not used this product by hand yet, I highly doubt that it works like that. If it did then every product on the market would be destroyed and everybody would use M105. I think what he was trying to say is that he did not have to put a whole lot of pressure, but still a moderate amount.

Ryan
                    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

M105 is also know to cure cancer, if you add it to your gas you can get 100 MPG, and it tastes great on toast!

* Please do not try any of the above as it is meant as a joke only

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
                        While I have not used this product by hand yet, I highly doubt that it works like that. If it did then every product on the market would be destroyed and everybody would use M105. I think what he was trying to say is that he did not have to put a whole lot of pressure, but still a moderate amount.

Ryan
                        There was a moderate amount of pressure of course but not the kind that makes your hand cramp up. I don't know about other cars but Nissan clear coat seems to be rather soft and easily scratched and I suspect that's why the paper napkin scratches were erased with so little effort.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');