• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from an Acura TL Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from an Acura TL Owner

Hi All. I just wanted to introduce myself. I have a 2004 Acura TL. It's 4 years old and still doesn't even have a door ding yet (knocking on wood).

I've never given the car a circular washing or drying stroke in it's life. I always wash/dry in straight parallel lines front to back on the top surfaces and in vertical lines on the sides. This was to prevent swirls which had worked very well......until recently.

I had a neighbor of mine's shop mount some new tires. I made sure the car spotless when I dropped it off. When I picked it up later, my neighbor said......"I had our car wash kid wash it up for you - it was really dusty from being in the shop". I'm sure my jaw dropped when he said that. The point of giving it to him spotless was so that they WOULD NOT wash it. Well, the car wash kid put a ton of light swirls on the hood, top, and trunk. He must have used a contaminated sponge or towels and did everything in a circular motion. I didn't want to complain about it because the shop owner is my neighbor and a good friend and I didn't tell him to not wash it.

So, I'm now tired of looking at the swirls and I'm ready to do something about it. After browsing through the forums (Tons of great information here!), I'm ready to tackle the job of cleaning up my baby. I borrowed a PC 7424 from a friend at work and I've been reading up on what I need to do to remove the swirls and get my baby back to it's perfect complection. I'll post my questions in the appropriate forums.

The bottom line is if you don't want someone that is working on your vehicle to wash it, make sure you tell them.

Thanks for having me here and I'm looking forward to learning from everyone!

Re: Greetings from an Acura TL Owner

2008 Meguiar's Online List O' Links 2.0
    GREAT INFO!
    The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
    --VoicesInMyHead--
    0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

welcome to MOL

Comment