• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

floor mat stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floor mat stains

since it's raining here today and i had to reschedule my two details for today, i decided to clean my own floormats in the garage. i have a mytee lite extractor that i really like. i've noticed how my driver's side mat has a couple of spots where it's turned kind of a yellowish color. i used shampoo, scrubbed, extractor soap, scrubbed and then extracted. the stains, while kind of better, were still there. i also tried using quick out, but it stayed the same. these mats are lloyd mats, so they're really nice. they're supposed to have a type of scotchguard protection so they won't stain. i'm wondering if some of this scotchguard has worn off and stained them. any ideas on what could have caused this or a possible solution?
    here are a few pics of the passenger side and rear mats, then the problem areas:

Re: floor mat stains

I would try a steam cleaner on it.
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

It looks like it is going to need steam at the very least. Something hot enough to get the root of that stain out. Maybe the manufacturer of the mats would have a idea.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

are you talking about something other than a steam extractor?

Comment

Any idea what it was or what you may have stepped in and got on the mats?

You could try hand cleaner (the automotive kind), I've had great results spot cleaning grease spots on my carpeted areas with it.
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by sudsbyhubbs View Post
            are you talking about something other than a steam extractor?
            A steam cleaner is not the same as a hot water carpet extractor.

One example of a true steam cleaner
            AeroCleanse, LLC
            Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
            www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

i really don't have any idea what's on them. i don't remember stepping in anything or spilling anything on them. i guess i'll just try some different stuff on it and see what happens.

Comment

Keep in mind, some stains become permanent, in some cases not even steam works...
                Mytee makes good extractors a heated unit works just as well as steam (IMO)

Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
                ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
                (269)650-2242

Comment

I like to use Bio K Leen traffic lane cleaner or Folex. Spray onto the floor mats, then use a brush and agitate. Use a pressure washer or even a hard stream from the garden hose. Hang the mats up to dry.

Comment

Sounds like you cleaned it pretty good. I'm thinking the dye failed. Ask the manufacture. Maybe you can dye those spots.

Comment

I'd try some Folex. Bio-Kleen makes a good product too(at least their snowmobile line). It does kind of look like the stain is lighter than the carpet. Maybe its bleached a little.
                      If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');