• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Online Megs Vendor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Online Megs Vendor

I listed a few popular online vendors that carry Meguiars products. Please let me know which one you like best and why. If you buy from a site considered "other" please identify that site and tell us a bit about it. Thanks!
    Meguiars.com
    21.04%
    Autopia
    3.24%
    Autogeek
    10.25%
    CMA
    1.26%
    Premium Auto Care
    1.26%
    Other ( please describe)
    17.45%
    ADS - AutoDetailingSolutions
    44.42%
    Detailing.com
    1.08%
    my product collection-- New !
    My Detailing Credo
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Last Fall I purchased EK, APC+ and DACP from a body shop supply website http://www.ketone.com Good prices, fast shipping, nice selection, lots of satisfaction. I believe they still sell most of the old Detailer line
    my product collection-- New !
    My Detailing Credo
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

If you are going to buy Meguiars products, I feel the best place to buy is meguiars.com. That said I live in southern California so if I need something in a hurry I often purchase off of autopia because with standard shipping I can usually get it in two days. The only down side I find to shopping on meguiars.com is that it is hard to find stuff. Hint, Hint. However if you have their catalogues, It is easy because you can simply type in the part number.
      Both are good sites in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
        If you are going to buy Meguiars products, I feel the best place to buy is meguiars.com... ...The only down side I find to shopping on meguiars.com is that it is hard to find stuff. Hint, Hint. However if you have their catalogues, It is easy because you can simply type in the part number.
        Both are good sites in my opinion

I always call... the reason is that I can't always find what I want and find it easier to call the 800 #. You also get some of the best customer service out there. Dell needs to get some pointers from Meguiars cust reps.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I go with Meguiars.com. They have flat $5.95 shipping, and also I get a discount there. I like to imagine that stuff has been on the shelf the shortest period of time also, but that may not be true.

But if stuff is on sale or I'm gonna buy non-Meg's stuff too, I'll use other places like Autopia or Autogeek or CMA to combine an order.
          1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
          2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
          1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Well while we're compiling a list I use www.autodetailingsolutions.com

Yes they're local to me, but he will ship anywhere (and I believe shipping is free on any order over $200). Rick who runs it is a great guy, he also put on our Arizona clinic. For anyone local he offers a great personal service and will deliver for free locally in most cases. His prices are also some of the best I've come acoross and he stocks more Meguiar's products than even the PBE stores around here.

In particular the one service he offers I value the most is he sells the detailer line of products in smaller individual bottles. When 4 gallons was the minimum order he'd sell them to people by the gallon or in their smaller 16 or 32 oz bottles. Now he continues that by selling those products in their respective 16 or 32 oz bottles so if you don't need that much you can simply buy a small bottle or try it before you invest in a gallon or more.

I honestly can't say enough good about ADS. Between my dad and me I think we've spent near $1,000 with him in the past year or so (of course that's a DA and a rotary buffer thrown in to that figure).
            Later,
            Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
            Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
              I go with Meguiar's.com. They have flat $5.95 shipping, and also I get a discount there. I like to imagine that stuff has been on the shelf the shortest period of time also, but that may not be true.

But if stuff is on sale or I'm gonna buy non-Meg's stuff too, I'll use other places like Autopia or Autogeek or CMA to combine an order.
              Hi Aurora40,

Just wanted to chime in on this,

Meguiar's charges shipping based on order total... it is not a flat fee of $5.95. It may be that all of your orders have fallen within that price range so it would appear that we we are only charging a flat rate.

Here is the breakdown on shipping charges:

Up to $25.00 - $5.95
              $25.01 to $50.00 - $8.95
              $50.01 to $75.00 - $10.95
              $75.01 to $100.00 - $12.95
              $100.01 to $150.00 - $14.95
              $150.01 to $200.00 - $16.95
              $200.01 and up - $18.95

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Finishmaster.com

Altho their online presence is not much, as a PBE, they have it all. Delivery is usually (for me) same day!

Worth a look ...

Jim

(Having said that, Meg's service is really quite good, and delivery is only 2 days, to my location...)
                If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  Hi Aurora40,

Just wanted to chime in on this,

Meguiar's charges shipping based on order total... it is not a flat fee of $5.95. It may be that all of your orders have fallen within that price range so it would appear that we we are only charging a flat rate.

Here is the breakdown on shipping charges:

Up to $25.00 - $5.95
                  $25.01 to $50.00 - $8.95
                  $50.01 to $75.00 - $10.95
                  $75.01 to $100.00 - $12.95
                  $100.01 to $150.00 - $14.95
                  $150.01 to $200.00 - $16.95
                  $200.01 and up - $18.95

Mike
                  Is that new? I've ordered $100+ worth of product many times and never been charged more than $5.95 in shipping.
                  1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                  2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                  1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

I find Meguiars.com to be the best place. All of the other sites I have tried out lack certain products. Also, the customer support people at Meguiar's are amazing!

Chris
                    Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

I just ordered a bunch of stuff from these guys. You have to order over $50 (which wasn't a problem for me) or you will be hit with a "service charge". Pirces are unbeatable and they've gotten good reviews on Autopia....

The Tool Warehouse

Comment

Stumbled upon www.cleanacar.com last night, they have pretty good prices. Also, the tool warehouse is good, but i highly suggest that you phone in your order, i ordered online and assumed my order was going to be filled, came a week later with a note that said i needed to reorder about half of the stuff because they were out. No prior message was given to me. However, when i phoned customer service, they told me that if you phone in your order they can tell you whether or not they have the stuff. The prices are great, as long as they have the product.

Comment

I have ordered from www.carcaresmart.com a few times and have found their service be excellent. They carry a good selection of Meg's products, prices are fair, and shipping is usually within 48 hours. Best of all (for us Canucks) is that they are located in Canada so no Duty or currency exchange hassles.
                          Garry42
                          2002 F150 King Ranch SCAB /
                          2004 VW Jetta

Comment

I have ordered supplies from all these vendors listed. I must say that I have gotten top notch service from all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
                              Is that new? I've ordered $100+ worth of product many times and never been charged more than $5.95 in shipping.
                              I don't work in shipping, or sales so I asked someone that does and what I posted was what I was sent via e-mail. I can check into this again and see what I can find out.

Mike
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');