• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dropped My Vespa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped My Vespa

I finally dropped my Vespa. Everyone said it would happen and it did, twice actually.

Drop #1: I was moving it out of the way in the garage, standing on the left side I leaned it a tad too much right while turning sharply and I eventually had to just let it sit down.

Drop #2: I was putting the kickstand down and it popped over to the right. I don't know what other bikes kickstands are like, but the Vespa one takes some getting used to. If you don't weigh much, it requires some practice and getting used to.

I'm not looking to make this perfect. I'm going to make mistakes and scratch up my bike every so often, especially since this is my first bike and I am still learning. However, I want to learn to try and mask some of my mistakes if I can.

Here are my mistakes in the visual. Click to enlarge (they are on my flickr account, I hope that is okay?).

This is drop #2:

Drop #1:

My question is, is there anything I can do to mask or make my mistakes look better (I would prefer to not have to use paint)? I'm not looking for pristine perfection as I will probably drop it again someday. If not, I can always buy some decals and add some personality to my bike.

I own Meguiar's G110, M80, and various Meguiar's consumer products (Gold Class Wax, Quick Detailer, Gold Class Wash, ScratchX, etc).

I've been a long time lurker. Learned much from reading this forum. Thanks!

Re: Dropped My Vespa

Touch up with a black permanent marker could work. Use a wide tip, markon and then take a lightly moistened pad and quickly wipe excess off with paint thinner.

OR Last option would be liquid shoe polish or black lacquer paint cleaned the same way after .

Mask off the most impacted prone areas with black duct tape??

Comment

you have a fair amount of seriously MISSING paint- there's not a whole lot you can do aside from using paint.

You may want to try getting some Meguiar's Unigrit wet sandpaper, maybe some 2,500 and some 3,000 and then touch it up and wet sand it level again. You should be able to get a lot of concealment out of that type of treatment. Then follow the 3,000 grit with some M105, followed by #83, then #80 and wax with the G110.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumadar View Post
        you have a fair amount of seriously MISSING paint- there's not a whole lot you can do aside from using paint.

You may want to try getting some Meguiar's Unigrit wet sandpaper, maybe some 2,500 and some 3,000 and then touch it up and wet sand it level again. You should be able to get a lot of concealment out of that type of treatment. Then follow the 3,000 grit with some M105, followed by #83, then #80 and wax with the G110.
        Well, like I said, not looking for total perfection. I'm just wanting to clean it up a bit. What you described was what I was thinking of doing. Thanks for the input and wasn't sure there was much else I could do.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');