• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEWS RELEASE - 3M to Acquire Meguiar's, Inc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NEWS RELEASE - 3M to Acquire Meguiar's, Inc.

i'm really not worried about it, i don't think 3m will "influence" any or all existing car waxes/compounds/polish or everything else. Its not gonna be an issue of reformulating everything megs made just because 3m acquired megs.. I believe 3m won't touch or at most evaluate the existing products. It'll cost alot to do that.. Maybe when meguiars plans to release any new or reformulated wax, etc, thats when 3m may influence the formulations. who knows? maybe with 3m, another tech wax with 3m technology too! Meguiars tech wax 4.0? Wipe-on, wipe-off?

I'd look at it this way: At least the acquisition will be from a company whose products are also in line with meguiars... car waxes, compounds, cleaners, etc. In line with meguiars.. However, if the aquisition is from a totally different company.. well.. Imagine garnier or calvin klein?!! then i would get worried..

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
      i'm really not worried about it, i don't think 3m will "influence" any or all existing car waxes/compounds/polish or everything else.

I'd look at it this way: At least the acquisition will be from a company whose products are also in line with meguiars...
      Actually there's no "will be" to it.... this happened two years ago.

Comment

good... the news keeps getting better! I'm not exactly a loyal meguiars user.. i actually use mothers or have used mothers products, but i also have used other meguiars products. Honestly, i've only used swirlX (very easy to use!) and the deep crystal carnauba wax. i only became a real wax nut late last year and it just happened that i began with mothers. I just switch from one to another at different times. 2 good wax manufacturers. I am happier that the so-called acquisition hasn't occured yet.

I must say i am happy with NXT 2.0 wax. I do have a deeper knowledge about synthetic polymer waxes so i know now how to do it right. I've done a side by side comparo between FX liquid and NXT paste.. Maybe because its a paste, but nxt has a tiny edge on black paint. FX is brighter but i have to get the paste to get a fairer comparison. These 2 are too close to call in my opinion.. 2 great easy to use products!

Comment

Realizing this occurred 2 years ago, thought I'd throw in my experience with 3M.
          My brother worked for them back in the '80s and wished he still did. They are a very innovative company which encourages rabid R&D.
          They tend to promote from within...many division heads came up through the ranks and are engineers, chemists, etc.
          Each division is it's own entity and pretty much stands on it's own but expected to turn a respectable profit. I forget the actual percentage, but they will quickly dump a product line if it's not doing well.
          Yes, they are a huge corporation, but tend not to let themselves be run by people who don't understand the nuts and bolts of the business, i.e., "bean counters".
          And yes, Scotch Guard and Post-it Notes were accidental discoveries which turned out to be huge successes.
          Also, don't forget their core business is abrasives...which ultimately leads to shine which is what Meguiars is all about!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');