• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foam application pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam application pads

The 4" foam application pads are presently out-of-stock at Meguiars, and none of the local auto stores seem to carry foam pads either. Microfiber application pad seem to have won the day.

Two questions:

(1) Can anyone recommend a source for foam pads that would be appropriate for the application of cleaner and pure polishes? Needless to say, I would prefer to find them at some local store than having to buy them over the internet.

(2) Should I simply switch to the microfiber pads?

TIA.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: Foam application pads

Microfiber ones will work fine. Just won't have quite as much 'bite' as the foam ones.

I always have a hard time finding the foam ones too. When I do find them I usually buy the entire store display.
    Scott

Comment

Re: Foam application pads

Check your local boating supply stores such as West Marine or even Bass Pro Shop in the boating section. Often times they will have the foam pads as the micro fiber ones are not as popular with this type of detailing

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');